Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just swapped out my winters for my classics for the summer...interestingly thats 2 winters done on the vredestein snowtrac tyres, prob around 20,000 miles in total and the fronts are down to 2mm (so going in a skip!) rears fine at around 6mm....not bad for a £40 tyre that clearly hasn't had to deal with too much 'winter' weather this year. unsure whether to get more winters or, if this decent temp global warming thing keeps up, just run all-seasons on the 16" alloys.

Needless to say, when I put the classics back on, I rotated rears to fronts and they are all fine at around 5mm after about 20k miles.

·
Registered
252 Posts
After nearly 5000 miles on my 14" Continental TS800 winter tyres both front & rears looked like new. That was driving around Kent & Outer London so more often than not with temperatures above the ideal winter 7C temperature.

20k for front tyres to skip level for front tyres does seam early for a light low torque car. Btwlast weekend Iswapped the tyres over on my two carsjust under 2 weeks ago. I had to get 2 new summer tyres for my Mondeo as it was not worth refitting tyres with 3mm tread on them. Those tyres had done 15k on the front of an automatic diesel large car with over 2k of those miles towing a 1500kg caravan.

As an aside putting the 15" 185 55summer tyres on I have noticed that there is a slight tendency for the Mii todrift gentlyto the left that I did not feel with the 14" 175 65winters fitted. The loan Mii SportI had from the garage yesterday drifted exactly the same so I assume it is a trait rather than a fault.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Biggest change I noticed was the ride is much nicer on the 14" winters than the 16" summers.....to the point that I would actively seek smaller tyres next time I buy a car!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts