Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering, what tyres do you have on your Up's? mine came from the showroom with continental 185/40 R16, and was wondering if anyone reccommends any other tyres?
Edited by: Danny7

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah, my mistake, and someone on another post was saying how they put some michelins on and the car felt better, but i always thought continental were a decent pair of shoes

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Aye I got contis I thought they where good but heard that there are better out there, on my golf I had some budget Kumho and hankook and I really liked the Kumho but my garage didnt have them again thats when I got hankook. So if I needed new tyres I'd be looking at hankook, contis, Kumho and then the big names such as brdgestone and michelin and then the price haha

I'm currenty sourcing some winter tyres, and I dont know weather just get the rubber and swap what I'm wearing now or get a set of steelies with winter tyres on, I favour the steelies tbh less messing around.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Mine came fitted with Bridgestone 185 55 R15. I don't know if that is good or bad but they seem to hold the road well and are smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, hankook are always a decent tyre, its probably either a set of them or michelin, this problem wouldnt even be here if i had a bit lighter right foot haha.I was thinking about a set of winter tyers with steelies too, but if it snows, quite expensive though, especially if you go for vw steelies. i have a tiguan i can use anyway, so may aswell just use that, saves messing about.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
O thats just reminded me I'm on my mums jeep insurance so I can nik that in the bad weather haha

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, thats what im doing, dont think paps will be too pleased when im out in his car, and hes stuck at home in the snow, but, its the easy option, if only his 19" snow tires and alloys fitted on my Up!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I had those hankook kinergy tires on my steels as standard. They're dog sh1t. They're so easily overpowered when braking, I hate them. The Falkens on my Keskins are a much much better tire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts