Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this post is a little late but on Christmas eve I walked down to by car to find a great surprise!I walked towards the car and did think it looked very badly parked but didn't really think much of it. I got in my car turned the key and it wouldn't turn over. I switched it off tried not to panic and got my dad as I needed some support!
Anyway I looked closer at the wheels and realised that there was gravel where car was originally parked so amazingly the amount of water picked the car up and moved it.
Anyway he got in the car and it wouldn't turn over, we checked under the bonnet and there was no obvious water marks and it certainly wasn't high enough to reach the air intake.
Anyway we tried turning it on again and pumped the gas and slowly it fired up, very roughly though! I think it was running on two cylinders to begin with after running for a few minutes it got back to normal we tested the breaks and they seemed fine so I went off on my travels.
Im not surprised the car managed to get moved by the water was there was about six inches in the garage!
Its seems fine now though but I thought someone might be interested in my little story!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Probably a good thing she floated! The Up is well sealed - otherwise you could have had a couple of inches of water in your foot wells! Perish the thought. Glad she's running OK again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts