Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm totally annoyed at the moment. Since Friday I have been trying to purchase the 2 year Fresh Maps service via the NAVIGON Fresh app without success. I've been able to download the latest maps plus install some free stuff via it but when I try to order something that needs to be paid for (credit card) the stupid thing just hangs when it comes to connecting with whatever site/server it needs to connect to to enter the card numbers. I've already been back and forth with at least 2 different support team members with no results.Anybody else having problems purchasing something via the NAVIGON Fresh app..? Support claims it's a known problem in the UK but.. I'm NOT in the UK.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Have you tried paying with Paypal? My husband did ours earlier and paid via PayPal with no problems
I have read previous threads with people having trouble paying via a credit card

·
Registered
329 Posts
Worth logging into their website with the details you registered with on your m&m and checking/amending your address details to match your billing address. Then try to purchase through the app again.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Melody said:
Have you tried paying with Paypal?
Now you sound like the NAVIGON support..!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also it's not possible to do this via NAVIGON's webshop as it's not able to handle vouchers (The voucher being the 80% discount Volkswagen gives us towards a 2 year map service plan).

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sorry, I think you miss understood me. Only use the website to check/amend your address details. Once done then try to buy through the app as usual.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Are you on a mac? I had this problem with the mac software. Worked perfectly on windows, even on the mac using parallels.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ashy87 said:
Are you on a mac? I had this problem with the mac software. Worked perfectly on windows, even on the mac using parallels.
Actually there's nothing wrong with the NAVIGON Fresh app, downloading and installing free software to my Maps & More worked fine. It's just the app isn't connecting to the server which handles the credit card details hence I'm unable to "purchase" anything via it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I know, that's exactly what I had, I've explained in the other thread about this. Everything works on the mac version as it ahould except for payment processing, I had to do that bit on the windoze version. Now I've purchased, the updates themselves can be installed from the mac s/w without issue!

·
Registered
40 Posts
The same happened to me with an Apple Mac. I went on Windows and everything works including the credit card payment.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've just fired off one very nasty
email to NAVIGON about their (Mac) app being totally useless in purchasing maps and services from a Mac..!! I mean, why do they even bother to supply the app if it only "half" works...??? The least they could do would be to put a notice on their help section warning customers that the app is unable to make purchases from a Mac.

·
Registered
315 Posts
What maps are these that you are trying to buy? I thought European maps came free with the gadget itself. Have I got to stump up again to drive to Germany for instance?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bingalau said:
What maps are these that you are trying to buy? I thought European maps came free with the gadget itself.

You get to update the maps once, after that you need to purchase an annual update plan if you want to keep your maps current. With buying the car a voucher came with it entitling the new owner to a 2 year update plan (normally ‚¬99.00) at 80% off (‚¬19.95).

·
Registered
60 Posts
vwild1 said:
I've just fired off one very nasty 
email to NAVIGON about their (Mac) app being totally useless in purchasing maps and services from a Mac..!! I mean, why do they even bother to supply the app if it only "half" works...??? The least they could do would be to put a notice on their help section warning customers that the app is unable to make purchases from a Mac.  
Apple mac...iPad.....apple are useless....they are not user friendly...USE your windows computer, laptop, and everything works okey.
I have both, and I am not very happy with apple......WE all moan about Microsoft, but apple are terrible!......THey should be more user friendly!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grumps said:
Apple mac...iPad.....apple are useless....they are not user friendly...USE your windows computer, laptop, and everything works okey.
I have both, and I am not very happy with apple......WE all moan about Microsoft, but apple are terrible!......THey should be more user friendly!
This has absolutely nothing to do with an operating system being "user friendly". Neither Microsoft nor Apple had anything to do with creating the NAVIGON Fresh app, it's a product of NAVIGON and their failure to create an app which works correctly on various computers.

·
Registered
143 Posts
All computers have issues. Apple have a closed system, pc's and open one. Coud debate this for ages But this forum is for the up so....

Got he UP today, used my windows 7 Netbook, and successfully updated software and used the voucher for the cheap 2 year map update package.

Paid using Credit Card, not a single problem.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sorry buy Apple products rule and 'Grumps' by name suggests grumpy by nature!! This issue is to do with the software development by Navigon and Mac users are an ever increasing percentage of the market so anyone not developing with Apple in mind is mad!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Roadrunner said:
All computers have issues. Apple have a closed system, pc's and open one. Coud debate this for ages But this forum is for the up so....

Got he UP today, used my windows 7 Netbook, and successfully updated software and used the voucher for the cheap 2 year map update package.

Paid using Credit Card, not a single problem.

Well done Roadrunner and congrats on picking up your up!, hope you're loving it as much as everyone else seems to.

Now I've said that, I'm off to find a happier post. I know we're all entitled to say what we want, when we want and how we want but this feels like a particularly angry set of posts, especially as some people seem to be snapping at others who are only trying to help

1 - 20 of 85 Posts