Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I picked up my new UP Gti last August I've noticed somewhere under the body has vibration on zero-half throttle intermittently and got worse the last couple of months. For the last few months I've not found anyone making a video for the fix. Yesterday, I went and figured it out and made a short video tutorial. I'm guessing the citigo and mii has the same issues. Hope someone will find my video useful.

Update after 3 weeks:
After the fix it's still all quiet for the last few weeks. Just a note; the plastic screws for the undertray not meant to come off as they should retain on the tray when unscrewed. Somehow one of mine came off during the fixing process but was able to screw back in place.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Great little video this vibration has been irritating me for a while so I will give it a try. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks. Great to have a video and solution, we could do with more of these ?

Ps. I heard your dash cam chirping in the back ground, I muted mine in settings, driving me crazy everytime I get in the car ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great little video this vibration has been irritating me for a while so I will give it a try. Thanks for the info.
Been driving my car 3 days since the fix, covering over 30 miles without the annoying vibration. Hope it works out for you too. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Great to have a video and solution, we could do with more of these ?

Ps. I heard your dash cam chirping in the back ground, I muted mine in settings, driving me crazy everytime I get in the car ?
Yeah, I'm so surprised nobody made a video Youtube video fix! These cars has been out for years and someone I know with a few years old Up also having the same issue.

Haha I like the dashcam notifications on start up - it reminds me it's activated.... been using the same Thinkware cams to all my family cars for many years so i'm used to it lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many thanks m4journey, I've had the same drumming noise since I bought my GTi new last year. I had already concluded it was the under floor panel vibrating but wasn't confident enough to start taking things apart on what might be a wild goose chase. I shall now. Well done for sharing this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks m4journey, I've had the same drumming noise since I bought my GTi new last year. I had already concluded it was the under floor panel vibrating but wasn't confident enough to start taking things apart on what might be a wild goose chase. I shall now. Well done for sharing this.
I'm glad you found my video tutorial useful ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the video (y)
I followed your instructions about a month ago and no annoying vibration noise since then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Since I picked up my new UP Gti last August I've noticed somewhere under the body has vibration on zero-half throttle intermittently and got worse the last couple of months. For the last few months I've not found anyone making a video for the fix. Yesterday, I went and figured it out and made a short video tutorial. I'm guessing the citigo and mii has the same issues. Hope someone will find my video useful.

Update after 3 weeks:
After the fix it's still all quiet for the last few weeks. Just a note; the plastic screws for the undertray not meant to come off as they should retain on the tray when unscrewed. Somehow one of mine came off during the fixing process but was able to screw back in place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, ok, I've had my High Up for a year now from new, 2018 model. I've been irritated by that intermittent vibration, it could go for a week without doing it and then for some reason will start doing a buzzing vibration in the same way as you had. I took it in for it's first service and mentioned the problem and another item. As I expected, they couldn't hear the problem, haha, it was doing it I'm sure at the time but I wasn't surprised, they couldn't turn off the "Convenience Turn" indicator thing either that the manual said that they could. They just did the oil change and I could have done that.
I can't wait to check the thing that was causing your fault. Alan in Southampton.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That's the one!
Started making a noise around November, sounded like someone banging on a metal drum, MOT tester told me undertray was hanging off and he stuck it back on! Much quieter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts