Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds stupid, but better ask before the autumn really starts.

I have a button right of the lights toggle that I can turn between 1 to (i believe) 5. Not audible or feelable clicks in between. The car hums a while when I turn it, but I cannot see any difference.
What does it do?

Also.... Another stupid question

I have a Life Up! with fog lights but no idea how to turn them on.

There are signals for different light all around the light switch, but I can only turn around for the top three (driving light which has an "0", off and distance light (which looks something like "O---")

Can anyone post a pic and write what these do?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 0-5 dial is your headlight adjuster. It points your headlights up or down. You'd adjust this based on the load you're carrying.

To enable fog lights, pull the switch out towards you. One notch out turns on the front lights. Two notches out also turns on the rear light. You can only do this with headlights on -- the switch cant be pulled when headlights are off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The turn switch you describe is headlight height adjustment, to direct the beam correctly when you have a load in the back. 0 is normal then it lowers the beam if you have weight in back. To switch the fog lights on, first switch on side or head-lights turning the the light switch then pull the switch out, one notch for front fogs, two notches for front and rear. If you only have rear fog it will only have one out position.

All these instructions are in the user manual which should come with every car.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
The button numbered 1 to 5 adjusts the headlight beam. Moving from 1 to 5 progressively lowers the beam. When you have passengers in the back you would lower the beam so as not to dazzle the driver in front. Sadly not many people bother to adjust the beam. Pull the light switch towards you to operate the fog lights. First pull puts front on and second pull the back lights. Sorry to state the obvious but all this information is in the manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts