Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to the forum as just purchased a 2018 Move UP but just wondering if anybody knew what the part number was for the phone mount. I've pinged off the cover and can see some hex screws recessed alongside the USB but be great to get it all fitted.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Universal holder for Smartphone integration on Move up! including activation licence for Volkswagen Maps + More app, part number. 1S0 051 435 E. The cost when I had mine done was £152:00. The cradle comes in two parts which just slit together this then slots into the top of the dash. Updating of the radio is required to get the Satnav and car information side to work. The only thing to check with your dealer is that the upgrade of the radio is included in the part cost this want clear when I purchased mine and I got all sorts of quotes. Took about 45 mins to upgrade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Amazing! Thank you for that - having searched what seemed like everywhere for that elusive part code I have something to go to the dealer in hand with!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi peeps.

I went to Skoda to get the cradle. it cost me £57.91.
It's the same cradle/holder that fits the citi-go, it even have the VW logo underneath. they tried to to tell me it wasn't compatible.

This is however minus the update of the radio. I've been to 3 different VW's around south London and they all say nothing can be done.
I will try that part number that Ozzie gave, with them and will let you know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The documentation in the box is poor all it says is that some form of vag device is required and that the car should be connected to a battery charger in order to maintain power during process. It doesn't give any instructions as to how to update it. I therefore assumed that it would be simple and they would know how to do it that was not the case it took numerous phone calls with be Vw themselves and several garages before someone said they could do it. It was finding the one person in the one garage who knew what to do that said it works without any problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
BumbleMii.
I went into the Skoda dealership near me. Had to show them it fitted my UP and then they ordered it for me. It arrived to the dealership in 3 days.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,I am new around here.Last year my wife bought an Up! which I expected to have the cradle and all that stuff but it didn't, we will leave that there.As you will all know there is a USB socket under the cover on the top of the dash which I can quite happily use to charge a phone and using the standalone Android Auto can have a very good free satnav + music from phone all piped through the Bluetooth, based on the quality of the satnav on my Golf I wouldn't rush to get VW software - "there is one mile of stationary traffic ahead - but I am not going to re-route you!!"My question is does anyone know whether the cradle that fits in to the dash is:1. The same as the Skoda/Seat version?2. Does it allow access to the USB socket when fitted?3. I have read somewhere, perhaps here, that this cradle squeaks, is this the case?4. Does anyone else do this and are there any downsides aside from the very high price of the cradle which personally I think is worth it for a neat solution.Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't know the answer to number one but it does allow access to the usb port underneath I power my phone from that and and I have never had any problems with it squeaking. The only downsides are as you say the price and I found finding someone who knows how to do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi folks, sorry for this being my first post, but saw this thread and had to ask before I lost it.
Anyway, we're just about to order a new High up 90 Tsi.
What we would like to know is, does the High Up come with the cradle/smartphone holder as standard?
If it doesn't, does the Bluetooth/hands free calls still work once you have connected your phone to it?
From what I'm reading, the maps on the Maps and More App isn't that great, so is it worth spending the £152 option if the Bluetooth still works and when the holder can be bought separately and you just use Google maps? I'm guessing that the App is needed for the multifunction display of fuel consumption etc etc.

Sorry for a load of questions in my first post. I'll go and introduce myself shortly.

Will

·
Registered
953 Posts
madwelshman said:
Hi folks, sorry for this being my first post, but saw this thread and had to ask before I lost it.
Anyway, we're just about to order a new High up 90 Tsi.
What we would like to know is, does the High Up come with the cradle/smartphone holder as standard?
If it doesn't, does the Bluetooth/hands free calls still work once you have connected your phone to it?
From what I'm reading, the maps on the Maps and More App isn't that great, so is it worth spending the £152 option if the Bluetooth still works and when the holder can be bought separately and you just use Google maps? I'm guessing that the App is needed for the multifunction display of fuel consumption etc etc.

Sorry for a load of questions in my first post. I'll go and introduce myself shortly.

Will
Yes the TSI comes with the cradle and the Bluetooth hands free calling works fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recently bought a Up, Move Up 2018

Am informed by my local dealer that the VW version is required to activate the USB connection and use VW maps etc. (3/7/2018 checked and found that I have power to the USB port when ignition is switched on.)

I dont have the need at this sort of price and googled and found the post 08/2016 holder (has 4 locators and no electical connections through holder) [pre 08/2016, 3 locators and 11 pin spring loaded pin connector for sat nav] from Skoda Poland and bought it for 45.26 EUR including DPD delivery. Arrived a few days later. It is marked VW on bottem and fits perfectly.

https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/1s0051435d-cellphone-connection-set-skoda-29584.html

I intend mounting my TomTom Dock fixed installation which comes with USB too car power socket lead onto the Smartphone bracket. TomTom 6200 has a straight USB socket connection at rear and could not be used in the Smartphone connector without the Dock.

The TomTom 6200 has life-time maps etc and is connected by bluetooth to my smartphone and is hands free.

You could use your smartphone in the bracket and connect it via a power lead and get the same results but no VW goodies.

In both cases you have your GPS/smartphone in a nice position and quickly removible when you get out.

Edited by: ron6319

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I've been looking for an alternative to the VW phone holder so it's great to find this thread. Mine is a 2015 Up! and I'd like to order the Skoda version but I'm not sure if it'll fit. Has anyone tried?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure if there is an earlier smartphone bracket but I bought an earlier one on ebay by mistake and it is designed to take the comms lead through from the dash(3 point mount) to the Garmin GPS.

If you have a CD player there are various brackets that may fit; try Amazon.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/grooveClip-Generation-Brilliant-Technology-Smartphones-CD2-Slider/dp/B00RQNV2A6/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_107_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PFAKMSG33M4PWDX2E9XW

If it would help I could post a photo of the brackets here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here are some images and hopefully a picture will save a thousand words!!

Pre 08/2016

Pre 08/2016

Post 08/2016

UP 2018 Post 08/2016

UP 2018 Post 08/2016 with my TomTom Dock fixed installation added.

Hope these help

Edited by: ron6319

1 - 20 of 49 Posts