Up Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry was assuming everyone was familiar with UK registration system. It was new September 2017. It had the USB socket where the base of the holder fits which is accessible when holder fitted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, just got my Move Up! today and have a question about this Skoda part please; what size phone does it take? I havd a Samsung Galaxy J5 - 145.8 x 72.3 x 8.1 mmm

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've a Sony Xperia XZA1 which is a similar size and it will fit in. The VW brochure states 5.5 ins (140mm) but jaws extend to 155mm x 95mm.
Hope this helps.

Edited by: ron6319

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is the part number I ordered from Skodaparts.com Monday that arrived today; 0-07-26-0014-9939/16
Fits perfectly in a jiffy; expands to fit my Samsung Galaxy J5/2016 yet contracts to hold my Classic (and very old) iPod.
Cost including VAT and delivery was ‚¬45.26
Result!
So glad I found this forum ˜�¥‚

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also note I added (to earlier post) that power is supplied to the USB point (no VW software) and you can charge your smartphone/tablet while you use it.

I've bought a 15cm usb cable and it all fits neatly in place without the extra lead length floating around.

Make sure the USB cable will be capable of supplying the charge you need.

Edited by: ron6319

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm wondering what's going to happen with the larger sized iPhones that are rumoured to be coming out? I've ordered a GTI which has the cradle as standard, but it only takes phones up to 5.5 inches and the smallest iPhone by all accounts will be 5.8 going up to 6.5 come this September. These are terrible first-world problems, I know, but interested to see what happens.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'm wondering what's going to happen with the larger sized iPhones that are rumoured to be coming out? I've ordered a GTI which has the cradle as standard, but it only takes phones up to 5.5 inches and the smallest iPhone by all accounts will be 5.8 going up to 6.5 come this September. These are terrible first-world problems, I know, but interested to see what happens.
buy a cheap Android phone to put in the cradle to use the sat nav if you need it and keep your fancy iPhone in your pocket. :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
The cradle fits an iphone 8 plus, no problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was given (?) a phone cradle for free by my dealer, but obviously don't have the 'App connection' menu on my composition radio - has anyone managed to get the radio software updated without having to buy the cradle, or anyone bought the cradle after delivery and managed to have the software updated - if so, where?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi guys. I have a 2016 move up, pre facelift, is the mounting bracket with usb from the facelifts the same shape as the older models? Id like to retrofit into mine for the phone cradle... would it be a possible retrofit or is the wiring completely different?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts