Up Owners Club banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I have a 2018 up and my partner brought me the bottom dash mount bit for Xmas but didn’t realise that the phone cradle part that clips into it comes as a separate part. Does anyone have the ‘new’ style phone mount part number they could share with me please so I can get the right one? I cannot find the part number for it anywhere!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have cradle also, without updated software. Just use google maps. In maps app, click on settings, then navigation, and activate "play as bluetooth phone call". This bypasses what ever "blockage" VW have installed, and system works perfectly, as it thinks it is a phone call ! you can get the genuine short VW lightning/ data cable on e bay for about £12.00.
Skoda cradles are identical ( have VW logo on them). Available from Skoda Dealership. Part number 1STO51435B. Cost: £30.00.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi...would anybody know please the part number of the blanking plate that mjdavie11 "Pinged" off to see the usb plug so to fit a universal smartphone mount.Thanks...

·
Registered
5 Posts
The link is still valid and after ordered one for my VW UP 2017 model

Total with Postage was 45,26 EUR

Will let you know how long it takes !

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm (hopefully) bringing this thread back from the dead. I have a 2016 VW UP which came with the Maps + More unit and NO USB on the top of the dash. Now that Maps + More is so out of date, I'm wanting to use a mobile phone instead. reading through this it would appear that I will:

Need to replace the click in bracket on top of the dash?
Need to replace some wiring to get access to the USB port?
Buy the mobile phone mounting bracket?

I'm reading though some of your posts and am hitting a bit of a barrier due to lack of knowledge and a few dead thread links so I cannot see the pictures/descriptions.

If I wanted to get full phone integration, it sounds like there's some fee to pay to VW? (£150+), would this give me everything I need (bracket, phone mount, wiring and integration with the radio?. I really use the hands free bluetooth in the Maps+More so it's essential for me......

Can anyone revive this old thread and post some new links or advice please?.

Many thanks,

Rich

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I'm (hopefully) bringing this thread back from the dead. I have a 2016 VW UP which came with the Maps + More unit and NO USB on the top of the dash. Now that Maps + More is so out of date, I'm wanting to use a mobile phone instead. reading through this it would appear that I will:

Need to replace the click in bracket on top of the dash?
Need to replace some wiring to get access to the USB port?
Buy the mobile phone mounting bracket?

I'm reading though some of your posts and am hitting a bit of a barrier due to lack of knowledge and a few dead thread links so I cannot see the pictures/descriptions.

If I wanted to get full phone integration, it sounds like there's some fee to pay to VW? (£150+), would this give me everything I need (bracket, phone mount, wiring and integration with the radio?. I really use the hands free bluetooth in the Maps+More so it's essential for me......

Can anyone revive this old thread and post some new links or advice please?.

Many thanks,

Rich
Hi Rich,

Have you already found an answer?
I'm curious as well, because I have the same maps+more mount in my Seat Ibiza 2015 and want to change this to a phone mount

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Rich,

Have you already found an answer?
I'm curious as well, because I have the same maps+more mount in my Seat Ibiza 2015 and want to change this to a phone mount
Sadly not Rose, I've posted this question a few places and no real answer has been gained. It would appear that it's NOT possible to replace the old with the new, so the best option really is to remove the OLD system and replace the whole head unit with a new system:

Something like THIS will give you an up to date, modern Android/Apple system, the downside being that you will lose your current Map+More system, so no more temp dial on the screen, but everything else should be replaced in the new system.

My only real worry with this is the security of having a none removable system which will be on display, the best alternative being something like THIS where the screen folds in and away from view.

I am still thinking about doing this, but waiting on another forum user who is currently completing the install on his VW Up! in THIS THREAD.

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi peeps.

I went to Skoda to get the cradle. it cost me £57.91.
It's the same cradle/holder that fits the citi-go, it even have the VW logo underneath. they tried to to tell me it wasn't compatible.

This is however minus the update of the radio. I've been to 3 different VW's around south London and they all say nothing can be done.
I will try that part number that Ozzie gave, with them and will let you know.
Hi there, do you think this skoda part would fit into my 2015 vw e-up?
Kind regards, Lars-Erik

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, do you think this skoda part would fit into my 2015 vw e-up?
Kind regards, Lars-Erik
I have been looking into this issue for a while now. If you have the pre facelift version of Up, citigo, it does not seem to be possible to upgrade the dash mount so you can use the new version. The old dash mount switch/bracket does not not have the usb connection. So unfortunately we are stuck with the most lousy version of a car system ever invented. Bluetooth dropout, bad software you name it, the old move and fun version has the problem. VW should be force to update it since it never really worked.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts