·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[TUBE]wY8meXF1KJY[/TUBE]

·
Registered
95 Posts
That does make me feel better as I was looking at the Skoda and after test driving the Up! didn't even bother visiting Seat

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
you pays your money and takes your choice....Glad I went VW though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Fully agree with you both thereGiven the choice would you wear the jacket from Primark, Matalan or Next when the price difference is only around 10-15%

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Duffstar said:
Fully agree with you both thereGiven the choice would you wear the jacket from Primark, Matalan or Next when the price difference is only around 10-15%

None...I'd have the Barbour !

·
Registered
44 Posts
They are the same cars so its just down to badge snobs.Its the same with the CI, 107 and Aygo. Badge snobs will go for the Aygo.

I guess i am a badge snob as well,because i prefer the VW,but would only buy one with a good discount so the pricewould bethe same as the Citigo or Mii.

Then again if i wasa true badge snob i would buy a Mercedes or Jaguar.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Badge snob! Jaguar?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think people choose cars for all sorts of reasons whether it be brand loyalty, badge snobbery or to keep up with the Jones's. In my case I was looking for a long term solution for economical commuting in car that will hopefully last 10 years or more and the UP ticked all the boxes at that time. If I'd known about the Skoda and Seat being the same car I would have taken a look before deciding.

·
Registered
97 Posts
SMART EXAMINER said:
They are the same cars so its just down to badge snobs.Its the same with the CI, 107 and Aygo. Badge snobs will go for the Aygo.
The 'badge snobs' might just have twigged that Toyota provide a full 5-year manufacturer warranty with the Aygo whereas Citroen and Peugeot don't on their versions?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Robbyrook said:
SMART EXAMINER said:
The 'badge snobs' might just have twigged that Toyota provide a full 5-year manufacturer warranty with the Aygo whereas Citroen and Peugeot don't on their versions?

Yes that is true,but i have seensome brokers are giving £2000 more discount on the C1 than the Aygo,so you would have an extra £2000 for any repairs needed.

I have also seen 63 pre reg VTRs advertised for £6500,which i am sure you would get for £6000 or less,making it a very cheap almost new car.

I would prefer the Aygo if i wanted that type of car,but i dont think you can get the Aygo as cheap as that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The Up! looks so much better than the other two. The other two are very average looking. The Up! looks lot more modern its leagues ahead. I think the Up! has my favorite front end of any small city car. Especially with no number plate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We have an UP! On order, looked closely at the Citigo and the MIi. I think they both come from good brands, the badge is not an issue. I like the Skoda range having driven a few. However, we felt that the UP! has a better finish (gone for a High UP!) and, to us at least is a bit more interesting to look at, the others are a touch bland in comparison.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts