Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spoken to VW headquarters today & they say they are not aware of any problems with the ASG gearbox & no software updates are in the pipeline & also it would be a mechanical solution not software if anything needed correcting.
If there are problems then, owners are stuck with them it would seem. I'm waiting to hear how LindasUp goes on tomorrow when she collects her ASG Up to decide if I cancel my order or not. I've been told no cancellation fee if I do cancel.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's an interesting situation. At least you know you'll get your money back whatever happens. Personally, if it was a software update, I would have thought that they would have done it by now!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Had my ASG High Up now since 4th March and I can honestly say it is the best automated manual we have ever owned (including Hondas, Toyotas, Fiats auto manuals) - and dare I say it......almost as good as our previous Polo DSG. Also no gearbox or engine noise. All in all superb!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey, I do dare say it's better than my previous golf dsg lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's great to know. Thanks for the information. I'm on a roller coaster with this car & haven't got it yet haha.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We have a new UP ASG with 650 miles and the gear box is a real disappointment on an otherwise superb car.. I know its not an auto but computer controlled "manual".. the problem with ours is it just will not change gear especially going up a hill, which is where i live..

Having driven a Smart for 10 years I know what a jerky gear box is but at least it changed and the manual over ride worked..

On the UP can be doing 30 in 5th on the flat or 30 in 1st up a hill.. Computer ignores over ride request and basically leaves you stuck in gear.

Cannot believe VW do not know about this issue and are not considering Software upgrade, which is what i am sure the issue is..

Anyone else out there got the same "features"?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts