Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black up! MPI 1.0 55kw/75pk Blue Motion Technology 3 doors

Hi and welcome to my Up! Black topic.

Over here I'll put the full configuration of the car and the updates as the come along with pics of course.. Hope you'll enjoy it

On the 3rd of July I ordered a Black Up! (aka Up! Black over here
), production week 34 and delivery soon after... I hope!!

Though my daily up to now is a BMW E89 sDrive23i (Z4 with 2500i/6 cyl) I'm very exited to collent my little Up! I have a nickname for it : SWV meaningShopping & Working Vehicle
.For the Z4 I have other plans... As the ardennes (with Spa-Francorchamps) the Eifel (with the Nürburgring) are not too far away it will see a lot more of the asfalt over there!!!

Yes, here in Belgium we can order an Up! Black with BMT and it has standard the sport suspension (-10mm). It also comes with heated frontseats even if you don't go for leatherlook seats! Even the "city emergency brake system" is offered on every Up! for free for the moment. I also added some more stuff (panoramic sunroof, Drive pack,...).In fact it has all the goodies except for the leatherette interior and an ashtray
Would have loved real leather seat though... maybe later some aftermarket...

<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Modifications are planned such as other alloys (17 inch) and KW V1 coilovers. Changing some lightbulbs and the fishline antenna, adding an armrest and light in the trunk are some of the changes I have in my mind for now<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">
<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Mod's<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Summer set : OZ Superturismo GT 7x17 ET40 + Michelin PS3 205/40ZR17 84W<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">Winter set : Classic 6x16 ET43 + Continental ContiWinterContact TS850 FR 195/45R16 80T<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">

Coilovers : KW Variante 1 Inox line<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">

Armrest : Seat Mii
Organiser : Seat Mii
Short antenna : VW Polo

Grtz
Gunter

Edited by: GunSpeed

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right after ordering the car this is the first thing I bought for my Upto add some clarity to the trunk:SPOTON ULTRAby Philips . Can't tell yet if it works properly but others have them also and it seems to please them so...

Grtz
Gun

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi there,I can't see your pics.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ducatikid said:
Hi there,I can't see your pics.

Haha, I saved some space at the top of this topic so tha I can add pics later! They will come as soon as I have my car...
It is forseen to arrive in Belgium tomorrow but still no news

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As I want to use the beautiful Classic alloys for my winter setup I bought this set of spacers which is specially conceived for the Up!. I love the design of the wheels but the ET is far too high for my taste and using this set should solve that problem.Front axle they are 2 x 13mm
Back axle they are 2 x 16mm

Another bigger problem is that I can't find the right wintertires, up to now it seems that not a single premium brand makes a 185/50r16 wintertire??? I would very much appreciate any help on this.

For those interested : H&R 1004570

Grtz
Gun

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
About 3 weeks ago I ordered some new wheels. In the first place I wanted something OEM but VW has no 17 inch available for our little Up! So I had to look elsewhere and after looking around on the internet I decided to go for a set of these :

OZ Racing Superturismo GT 7x17 ET40 + 205/40R17 Michelin Pilot Sport 3

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nice, now those are nice.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ducatikid said:
Nice, now those are nice.

Thnx, have been around for some time now but I still like them a lot. I think OZ might have updated the design a bit though.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When choosing to go for low profile tires on larger alloys there is but one rule : lower the car!! (my 2 cents of course
)So I ordered a set of coilovers : KW Variante 1 Inoxline
(KW 102 80 00C)

They are adjustable in height between -30mm and -60mm. Now, I don't have the intension to go as deep as possible but I only want it straight and level. So, I'll start with -30mm on the front axle and adjust the rear by as much as necessary to get it flat. I hope I'll succeed...

Grtz
Gun

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
whiteup said:
nice up! you have there. looking forward to some pictures after you have lowered it!

Magnus

Thnx mate, me too and after having seen your pictures I'm even more exited!!

But sadly, still no news...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Like to see the pictures once it is finished

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
<div style="text-align: left;">Great news today : my dealer notified me that the Up! is already in Brussels but not yet earmarked for transport to his dealership. Now it could go fast since my dealer is only some 15km from Brussels.

<div style="text-align: left;">

<div style="text-align: left;">Want to see it now!!!

1 - 20 of 248 Posts