Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've just purchased an UP Black and we wondering if anyone new how long it would take to deliver into the UK, I had a production date of w/c 28th May. I'm due to go away from the 16th June as was wondering if it would be ready be then, little patience doesn't help either.

I was deliberating about buying a small little city car until I filled up mu old XJ6 which now takes over a £100 to fill up just to get 200 - 220 miles. I worked the MPG out the other day and was shocked (to a point) that its around 9 - 12 MPG, so once I got up from the floor I decided that was it.

I'm now looking forward to getting around 50 - 55 out of mine when she finally arrives.

Cheers

Slim

·
Registered
304 Posts
Slimbeer said:
Hi All,

I've just purchased an UP Black and we wondering if anyone new how long it would take to deliver into the UK, I had a production date of w/c 28th May. I'm due to go away from the 16th June as was wondering if it would be ready be then, little patience doesn't help either.

I was deliberating about buying a small little city car until I filled up mu old XJ6 which now takes over a £100 to fill up just to get 200 - 220 miles. I worked the MPG out the other day and was shocked (to a point) that its around 9 - 12 MPG, so once I got up from the floor I decided that was it.

I'm now looking forward to getting around 50 - 55 out of mine when she finally arrives.

Cheers

Slim
Good choice Slim.. I have just watched a YouTube review where the reviewer says "yes it's a small car, and perhaps you don't want a small car, but ask yourself the same question when fuel is north of £10 a gallon!" makes you think doesn't it. Imagine fuel doubles in price in the next two years... Bet you will be glad the Jag won't be your main car then, and you'll be enjoying the frugal fuel sipping light as a feather mile muncher that is the vw up!

By the way I can't help re delivery time, it seems to vary so much from given date of build to arrival at the dealers, to pick date. There appears to be no hard and fast times for this process, depending on shipping, weather, trucking from docks, to dealers PDI schedule etc.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
51 Posts
HiI asked VW on their Facebook page, about how long it takes to build an up! and how can one be sourced quicker. Their reply was simply to point me to their "lead times" thread http://www.facebook.com/VolkswagenUK/app_362476440451045
This is simply a stock answer, and not very helpful.

I also asked them if it was possible to see U Tube footage of the up! being built - they said they haven't got round to this yet but they appreciate we upsters would be interested in how they are put together - so they'll ask the Bratislavian factory if it can do this.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Slimbeer.
I think a lot depends on the standard of car you order too. The up! Black or the up! White are the top of the range models and so probably take longer to turn out. But that is only my theory. I ordered my up! White inmid January and didn't get it until the 4th of May. Some on here have waited longer and some have got their more basic models in half the time. So "you pays your money and you takes your chance".

·
Registered
304 Posts
Don't think spec makes much difference nowadays. It's a production line, each car has a menud spec for build, if it don't have a sunroof it bypasses the robot that fits it... Think that how it works. I think the days of "today we are building em with sunroofs mate" and "tomorrow we will be building red ones" is long gone. Barcode says which item number the car is and the robots do or don't do stuff to build a car that matches ordered spec.

I did read the official facebook VW reply re delivery, and took the availability of parts/ shortages etc with a pinch of salt. Can't imagine worldwide car sales are that healthy during a Europe wide reccesion, and demand for parts is outstripping supply? More likely is supply chain of parts has 'downsized' and that is where the bottleneck is for parts.

I could be wrong thought...Rre the YouTube video a good idea. Would be interesting... Apparently the up will take production at the plant from 188,000 cars last year to over 400,000 this year!Edited by: Markmod1

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Hi and welcome!

bet you cant wait to save ALOT of money on petrol and tax by the sounds of it!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm waiting for an up! Black, ordered 18th April, given build week 21, told it was waiting at Emden on Thursday last week. Dealer guesstimates 3 weeks to get my hands on it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
your dealer should give you an estimate at time of order - mine was 12 weeks but arrived in 9, the rumour is some waiting times are now nearer 6 months!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
mine took 3 months almost exactly to the day to get to be from order to delivery. however only took 2 weeks from build to delivery.

my dealer did tell me its a 6 month wait possibly now... but if you have a build week confirmed you should be fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts