Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
It looks very similar to what I've ordered, aside from the five doors, sunroof, being left-hand drive and having the standard wheels rather than the Classics. Light blue dash, reversing sensors, beech polka seats.

Looks good, mercifully, as I'm going to have to live with it for the next few years!

The light blue reminds me of some Italian machinery of the past, which is why I chose it - some classic 1950s motorbikes, and the Alfa 156, which is where I first really noticed how good light blue looked.

Nick

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have to say that although not for me, I think the pale blue up! looks adorable!

The second pick is comparable to Cinderella next to an ugly sister!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Panda was actually ok, the 4x4 will be re-introduced this autumn and for rural folk, its a belter.....just don't have an accident in one !

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't get me wrong Doc, I think the Panda is a very good, practical car. The fold flat front passenger seat is an excellent idea for cars of city car sizes.
Unfortunately vanity gets the better of me every time and IMO the up! wins in the looks department hands down!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I swaer that blue up looks darker than any other picture of the bllue than i have seen before...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I've been a passenger in the old Panda many times, only short journeys though, and I think it is a very good car. But that blue Up wipes the floor with the new Panda in terms of looks. Those black plastic strips on the Panda make it look utilitarian. And the Panda inside is not so good. That storage space in the front without a cover is stupid. You cannot keep anything of value in there as thieves will see it, and you can't put breakable items in there in case you brake suddenly. Both cars are very practical but I think the Up has significantly better mpg unless I am mistaken.

I think the blue Up will become more popular.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The photos were highly likely to have been taken by a professional photographer using a very expensive lens/camera combination bolted to a tripod on an overcast day, using Photoshop or something similar to make sure the colours were as correct as possible.

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My first car was a Panda. It was a rank light brown colour, but I loved it at the time and it went like a bomb! The new one bears no resemblance whatsoever.

·
Registered
619 Posts
At the risk of 'tar and feathers', I actually thought seriously about getting a Panda. However, some of the reviews I read put me off - particularly comments about the poor ride quality. Also, it is a Fiat and I am notkeento tangle with Fiat dealerships again.
Incidentally, if you want a good finance deal, go to Fiat Finance - you will not have to pay a penny for six months! This happened to me when I purchased an Alfa Romeo 156 several years ago.

Unbelievably, it took them six months to work out the direct debit system and take money from my bank account. I did offer to send a cheque but they didn't seem to be able to cope with the idea! Anyway, a free car for six months...from the best finance company on the planet!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Still say Nowt comes close to a Panda 4x4 for mud/economy/practicality off road...the new shape one will be in UK Oct..Panda cross it will be called so come on VW, we need an UP! Cross, even a 2wd one!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Melody said:
Still say Nowt comes close to the VW up! For beauty and brains

agree, thats why I bought mine!...well ordered it....still waiting!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I really like the idea of an electric Up but the range of cars so powered is a serious limitation, as we all know. I would probably have to buy or rent a 'dino juice' car for longer trips at weekends.

We will probably have to wait until carbon fiber(in addition to better battery and/or capacitor technologies), or similar materials, can be produced more economically for e-cars to be a more practical proposition.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts