Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new in the up! club, I've got a black up brazilian version. This version, from what I read is a little bit longer for more space and the boot door is not all glass like it is in europe. The engine is flex (runs on gasoline and/or ethanol)I hope the neat little car is up to the task!

Edited by: rogeriol

·
Registered
467 Posts
HELLO and welcome from the other side of the world!!

Nice You have found VW Up! club.
Please share pictures (also interior) to us, to compare the difference.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi I'm sure it will drive the same nothing to worry about ,I did read somewhere that the five door version had something to do with the back doors , they have wined down glass where the ones here push out ,there was other things but as I say nothing to worry about you will definitely have a one off car people will be jealous welcome to the up owners club phill

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Great photos, I see the 'black' and 'white' are available (now not in UK)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks for the photos .who has nicked all the beautiful colour ones then lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
b82ry said:
Thanks for sharing pics!

I see the dealership is full of Up's and so many people are watching them.

yes the car has just launched (1 mo ago) but sales are somewhat sluggish. They are asking a price a little too steep, or the basic version too naked without anything like air cond, electric windows and electr. steering. Who wants a car like that?

How is the basic(est) up! version in Europe?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bossphillip said:
Thanks for the photos .who has nicked all the beautiful colour ones then lol

well I was up for the white (top) one but only the black and red were available... The white in the photos is a move up. In the top ones the front panel follows the color of the car and I found the red one a little 'too red'

The black was all glossy and shiny and got my heart in an instant.
Cheers

·
Registered
467 Posts
As Up is the cheapest car from VW, there are some customers who want a simple basic.Here in Europe it's the same, that there has to be atotally naked model to get goodstart price. But all in all (depending on market) Take Up only have doors, 4 wheels and an engine

In my region (Baltic states) it took 2 years after I bought my Up (I was the 1st owner here) till they are on streets. We also have bad roads and people just din't believe this small car is enough.

Edited by: b82ry

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
In Uk, we got a black and white at launch (ours are 'white' ) as the top model...never got a 'red' but now these are gone and the high, groove and rock are the top models.....we desperately WANT a GT model

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi you say the basic car has four wheels and an engine well not every body wants air con electric windows etc I have bought two four door basic it goes it will do what we wanted it for ,had all the top cars ,my last car was Audi Never used the air con and all the extras ,I just needed a bigger car with four doors to put my granddaughters pram in and all the baby extras they need ,,it was cheaper to buy the up .than buy another Audi A1with fore doors plus after driving the new up its better than people say with my driving experience ,it's a fabulous car well built it is fun to drive my wife loves hers as well it is also fast enough we are over the moon and don't miss all the extras that the other models have every one has their choice and that was ours regards phill

·
Registered
333 Posts
If they bring A , G T version out I will give my car to my daughter lol

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Bossphillip said:
If they bring A , G T version out I will give my car to my daughter lol
And mine to my son

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well nothing against the basic models but the price should then follow what you get... prices started somewhat up around here... it's possible to get a complete chinese compact for less than the basic. Sure the vw quality is supposed to be better.
Air conditioning is quite useful in a tropical country, some couple months ago we had 40C

Heck, even heating is optional in the take up

Bossphillip said:
Hi you say the basic car has four wheels and an engine well not every body wants air con electric windows etc I have bought two four door basic it goes it will do what we wanted it for ,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm quite surprised by the suspension quality, the car is taller than most compacts and firm in turns on bad roads (plenty around here too)... not sure if vw spiced up the suspension to take the brazilian roads.
Some other imports suffer in our roads.

b82ry said:
In my region (Baltic states) it took 2 years after I bought my Up (I was the 1st owner here) till they are on streets. We also have bad roads and people just din't believe this small car is enough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
been seeing them in vw uk site, nice options, but no 4 doors? We also don't have 60ps engine option, they all are 75 (no bluemotion available).
2 doors are still not launched.

Privatedoc said:
In Uk, we got a black and white at launch (ours are 'white' ) as the top model...never got a 'red' but now these are gone and the high, groove and rock are the top models.....we desperately WANT a GT model
Edited by: rogeriol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts