Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

As I mentioned in my "2DIN install" thread, I was only running the 2DIN system for 3 days. Then I had to upgrade.
I've always been a car-pc-dude, so of course I was going for this.

This is the first version of my car-pc integration in the Aze-UP!
The LC panel was too wide to fit in, so the "dash-buttons had to be re-located 4mm to each side. Even then, there was still not enough room for it, so the backside of the buttons has been removed, to make the panel "stick in" under the buttons.
Pictures will explain more than words...

Hope you like...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave: Thanks for the comment.It's not a tablet, it's a "car-pc".It's an 8" touchscreen, controlling the computer hided/install in the "missing" glovebox. It's running Windows 7 as an ordinary computer, and then a graphical user interface is installed, to make the use of it easier on-road.

It's a nerdy-thing to have, but it gives you all options in regards to A/V and I/O devices...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That awesome! I'm real impressed with that! Good work dude. Outside of your car remaining as standard or plans for that too?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you like...
The exterior also has got some small UP!grades, but nothing special yet... lowered 40/40, 8x17" AEZ Tycoon, car wrapped in matt black. The roof will be covered in "brushed steel" or "peak green" soon..Haven't decided yet.

I'm more focussed on the interior-part, as this is what I like to "MOD" the most. Also I'm going for an exseptional sound quality install, so this is more important to me, than how it looks outside.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Fair does, have fun with it, that's the most important bit! I love the idea of brushed steel wrap on the roof! That would look awesome against the matte black!

I thought those tycoons had been discontinued? I'd love a set!Edited by: Davec86

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, brushed steel would be awesome, definitely.I just bought some Adidas sneaks in black and peak green, so I'd thought it be a great match to the car:- That's why I haven't decided which to choose yet.
The brushed steel is much more expansive than the peak green, so if I choose this, I will not allow myself to change it in the near future, while if using the peak green, I have no bad feelings changing it after a months if so.

Yup, there are. I found them at a private seller. They fit the UP! really well...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
****, I bet they look sh*t hot! I'm jealous of those, gotta be said!
That's a pretty fly idea too, I like the idea of the car matching the sneeks, I've a bit of thing for trainers, Adidas make some pretty fly ones over the years, their originals range

1 - 9 of 9 Posts