Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up little Jet today and was told fingers crossed xx that the leak was from the draining tube on the sunroof one side that was not connected right. I don't know if this is true as not a techie !!BUT got a free valet and a set of mats and loads of apoligies.
We shall wait and see, have to say I was loaned a 61 plate Fox and did'nt like it, I'm only 5'1" couldnt get the seat right to reach the pedals, had to slam the doors to get them to shut. AND it did'nt sound like a baby golf

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sounds good to me.... That's a great result

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Sunroof drain channels, wether blocked or as in your case not connected are quite a common source of leaks as are windscreen seals , hope that's you sorted....Result!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i hope it is properly fixed for you, now i know these things exist, i shall keep an eye out for it with mine too! here to lots of dry non-leaky ups!

·
Registered
215 Posts
well the next few days of torrential rain will check it out for sure
hope it is fixed though save you having to be messed around again !

·
Registered
956 Posts
Mumski1 said:
Picked up little Jet today and was told fingers crossed xx that the leak was from the draining tube on the sunroof one side that was not connected right. I don't know if this is true as not a techie !!BUT got a free valet and a set of mats and loads of apoligies.
We shall wait and see, have to say I was loaned a 61 plate Fox and did'nt like it, I'm only 5'1" couldnt get the seat right to reach the pedals, had to slam the doors to get them to shut. AND it did'nt sound like a baby golf

Fingers crossed that all's well now. My hubby was doing a bit of research t'other night about sunroof problems with VW's & there does appear to be a recurring issue with the draining tubes. In fact when I asked my salesman today to get the lads to pay particular attention to the sunroof on mine after explaining about yours and davidew's problems, he said he'd had something similar with a Passat some time ago. He did stress that it was just a "kink" and that it was easily sorted so let's hope that yours is the same

Edited by: clowesa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts