Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to dealer today who has asked me to take the car in.BUT its all dry now ???? have poured 2 cans of water over the sunroof and boot seal NOTHING.
So was the post wet before delivery and I never new ? Anyway will keep an eye on it and keep you updated. Feel a fraud now as I have nothing to show my dealer.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Your interior would not be wet for no reason. Water leaks are notoriously difficult to trace so keep an eye on it and don't take no for an answer from your dealer until you are 100% happy that your Up is not leaking!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Maybe someone at the dealership left the sunroof cracked open during a rain shower before you took delivery..?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Ask if they used a jet wash on the car when cleaning. That can force water into places can of water may not go when testing....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have poured 2 cans of water over sunroof and boot about 2 hours ago and its damp again :(( more at the rear than the front. Anyway will wait and see but will def have a go tomorrow,also compo if they keep my car in, have permit parking at home and it will cost me £2 a day as your yearly permit is only for your car reg. So something else to sort out. Was so excited and now feeling blue

·
Registered
423 Posts
Glad I couldn't afford to get the sunroof! Really hope your dealer is on the ball and gets it sorted out (along with some compensation - you deserve it).

·
Registered
727 Posts
Have the sunroof on mine and have even driven around during a couple of really wet days but haven't had any moister in the car. Will keep an eye on it though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts