Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's on Weitec coilovers. It still rides very comfortably, only a little stiffer than stock. It'll get a little more stiffer when I fit 17" wheels and low profile tyres though.

Also fitted Osram Nightbreakers, and Heko wind deflectors, plus removed the up! badge from the hatch.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I can see how you like it but for me, jacking up the suspension like a cross up would be more fun!....mind you round these parts we have potholes so big the rabbits build rope bridges across them!

·
Super Moderator
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't measure the drop. The rear are as low as they can go, as I've removed the adjustable platform and left the rear springs seated on the bolt-in perch. The front are about 1/3 up on the adjustment, but I shall wait until the alloys are here to finally adjust the ride height.

There is a speedbump on the way into work, and the black plastic splitter on the bottom of the front bumper *just* grazes it. Other than that nothing touches.

·
Super Moderator
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New aerial time!

Before - looking like a bumper car

After - Aw, he's had his tail docked!

I'm not entirely happy with the fit, it was listed as a VAG part but has come from a Citroen garage, so I might buy another one.

·
Registered
222 Posts
How difficult is swapping the suspension over? Rears look nigh on identical to Lupo rears.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I meant more in that the damper is separate to the spring. I'm guessing front are a pinch bolt at the bottom and 3 bolts for the strut tops?

·
Super Moderator
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pinch bolt bottom, 2 bolt top. The drivers side is very awkward as when you've released the pinch bolt, the lower arm doesn't drop far enough to release the strut, as the driveshaft hits the engine subframe, so you need to usespringcompressors to shorten the spring and compress the strut to release it.

Rears are fork/eyelet bottom, single threaded shock piston through tower on rear, withseparatespring, same as Lupo/Polo.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
Pinch bolt bottom, 2 bolt top. The drivers side is very awkward as when you've released the pinch bolt, the lower arm doesn't drop far enough to release the strut, as the driveshaft hits the engine subframe, so you need to use spring compressors to shorten the spring and compress the strut to release it.

Rears are fork/eyelet bottom, single threaded shock piston through tower on rear, with separate spring, same as Lupo/Polo.
I don't suppose you've any pictures have you?

·
Super Moderator
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Davec86 said:
shakotanVIP said:
Pinch bolt bottom, 2 bolt top. The drivers side is very awkward as when you've released the pinch bolt, the lower arm doesn't drop far enough to release the strut, as the driveshaft hits the engine subframe, so you need to usespringcompressors to shorten the spring and compress the strut to release it.

Rears are fork/eyelet bottom, single threaded shock piston through tower on rear, withseparatespring, same as Lupo/Polo.
I don't suppose you've any pictures have you?

Specifically pictures of what?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Of the actual mounts top and bottom, front and back, big ask I know, just wondered if you my have taken any when you've been tinkering with yours?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts