Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just a quick post to start the ball rolling on our new life with an up!

Bought the car today (a used 12 reg) and collect Friday, just in time for Xmas.

Am really looking forward to bringing it home as it'll be our first decent lenght drive in it (the test drive was an ok distance but it's not the same with a salesman next to you).

Will post piccies when I can but in short it's a High up! in deep black metallic with black cloth & dark silver facia. Options are:

Sunroof.
Sensor pack.
Sports pack (inc triangle black wheels)
Chrome pack.
Mudflaps.

Really pleased on 1st impressions and looking forward to plenty of fun &economical (if not blisteringly fast) motoring!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Dobson, that sounds like a really nice spec' you have there. Enjoy!

You are right, ( not blisteringly fast ) but it is not what you drive, but how you drive it, when you want to. The Up is great Fun. Smile a minute
Go well.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have a black High Up and I think it's a great little car, I'm sure that you will too.
You have a few more extra's on yours don't forget the pics and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Was pleased with the spec. We were originally going for a new 3 dr High up! with no options but candy white from our local VW dealer but I stumbled upon this car in a Ford dealers, 8k miles, balance of manufacturers warranty and only £7995! Got them to take a further few hundred quid off so got ourselves a real bargain!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats, what a nice Christmas present to yourself. I'm sure you'll love it, it's a great car. Looking forward to the pics!

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
296 Posts
enjoy - we love our High Up which we got on 1st Nov. Now done 2600 trouble free and economical miles of mixed town and motorway driving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One thing we do need to sort and advice is welcome - there are no mats in the car. Are the VW supplied mats the best to get or are there alternatives that are as good & better value?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I got the VW rubber mats - like them - the driver side secures to the carpet so it doesn't slide under the pedals.

·
Registered
31 Posts
as it happens I bought the tailored set from VW today for our new Up! They do 3 types- rubber or plain black or tailored black with the logo on.these were £60. Very nice quality though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts