Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying a Up but worried how easy the gears are, two years ago my wife had a Toyota ago brand new after two days she refused to drive it because of the gears and she had a mazda 2 which is a nice car but the inside cheaply finished hence a swop to a UP, so could people give me a honest view.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Just take one for a nice long test drive and see what you both think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer won't let us go out on our own and the wife won't drive with a salesman in the back.!!!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
go to adifferentdealer, if they want the sale they will let you.some people even get one for a day

·
Registered
525 Posts
spud said:
go to a different dealer, if they want the sale they will let you.some people even get one for a day
Yup, my dealer told me to take as long as I wanted. Try somewhere else - you can't buy a car without a proper test drive.

·
Registered
261 Posts
as the Up!'s gearknob is short and stubby the change is slick and positive IMO and the wife has no probs.. she took to it straight away despite it being in a different position to her previous car (Fiat 500 & virtually on the dash!) The aygo has a longer stick if i remember correctly - didnt like it at all.Im sure that she will have no probs either :) Good luck tho!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I agree with Bob, the gearchange is one of the lightest and slickest out there. My wife is fine with it. I know what you mean about test drives, my wife doesn't like driving with a salesman watching either.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was surprised by how light all the controls were in the one we test drove. Personally I found them too light but my wife loved it and it will be her car so as long as she is happy. How the controls feel is quite personal, best bet is to just take one out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've had a lot of cars over time but genuinely think this is the slickest gear shift I have ever used....and the most fun. I change up and down just to enjoy using the engine and gearbox. Can't be faulted but I just hope it lasts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts