Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have finally taken the plunge and have decided to upgrade by light blue BMT Move Up! for a red BMT High Up!

Looking forward to:

a) a little more "get up and go"
b) Maps and More (does Garmin make all of these now?)
c) the Sound pack
d) a proper spare wheel (cannot believe this was an optional extra in 2012)
e) the colour I always wanted

Hope my March delivery date doesn't slip to April though.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi, i'm upgrading from a move up to a high up too although both are not BMT. I got irritated by the engine cut off in my Smart ForTwo so have not wanted it since although I accept that one day all cars will have it. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets legislated.

Anyway, like you i'm going for the car and colour and option pack that i always wanted. In my case this was tungsten silver and the sensor pack. I understand there are more than two speakers in the high up so effectively i'm getting a sound upgrade too.

I'm looking forward to getting M&M too. It's main features that interest me are the sat nav and being able to stream my music through it using bluetooth.

I'm pleased that i will be getting a smart set of alloys although i know they're a pain to clean. I like the waffle alloys but wasn't prepared to pay for them.

Finally the engine. Everyone has said the driveability difference between the 60 and 75 engines is not noticeable because the torque curve is identical. I'm interested to see if that will also be my conclusion.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
296 Posts
High Up alloys fairly easy to clean - bought a brush from Halfords which speeds cleaning up a bit. Have the Tungsten too - looks very nice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sound pack is standard on the High Up! Two extra speakers in the front and two in the back now too. Despite what others said on this forum, I never thought the speakers in my Move up were that bad. But am still curious to hear the difference.
Downloaded the manual for Maps and More (although it's the Navigon(?) manual and I think Garmin make them now?) and it just looks awesome. Getting a trip computer back will be ace (missed that ever since I got rid of my Golf) and have ordered a 32gb MicroSD card for it too for all of my tunes.
There must be some differences between the 60 & 75 engines? Even if it just means air con is a realistic option?
Have never had alloys in my life before, like you refused to pay any more for "posher" alloys as the upgrade from steel wheels is posh enough for me!
When is yours due?
Still awaiting my order number at the moment

·
Registered
851 Posts
I ordered around armistice day 2013 with the proviso that i wanted it in early March on a 14 plate. It got built this week and so the order tracker is now showing it as in transit. Thanks to this forum, the supplying dealer for Drive The Deal had been identified, so i used them to get as near as **** it the same discount but crucially they have agreed to part ex my move up. DTD don't do part-ex. The dealership is a very long way from me - but i'm getting free delivery - so a great outcome.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would have gone for a 5dr High up! If I had not needed 5 seats and the deal I got on a Polo worked out slightly less than a high up! overall.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What are residual values for PX like on the BMT over non BMT?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
w00t!
Build week confirmed: 23/02/2014

Anyone know how long after that it gets to blighty?

·
Registered
171 Posts
silentbazz said:
There must be some differences between the 60 & 75 engines?
Only above 4300 rpm. (Plus the gearing is 7% lower on <mytubeelement =""bundle":"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","":"","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_suped_on_your_browser":"No notification style suped on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_suped":"Not Suped","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for__site":"Click to enable for site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock or similar extension is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null,"prefs":"desktopNotification":true,"Notification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":true,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"large","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":true,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":true,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true" ="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement>the 75.)

So though I don't use my own 75's extra power very often, it's good to have for e.g. short slip roads onto fast carriageways ""“ for me, worth the extra price to have it there whenever I need it for the car's lifetime.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Silverado said:
What are residual values for PX like on the BMT over non BMT?

I would be interested in knowing this too. Although I worked out that what paid extra for the BMT I will make back in 3 years, it would be nice to know if this relatively cheap 'upgrade' will stand for more in the long run

1 - 10 of 10 Posts