Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it would be useful to have a GT thread...here are some possible dash photos....Loving the tartan seats, silver wheel inserts and ???iPhone integration??>

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for the photos, great idea
Can't say I like the interior though
I personally don't like the tartan seats - leatherette seats would look the part and not keen on the white doors with the shiny black dash and a little too much chrome in and around the media player, looking forward to seeing the outside of the car!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Agreed, think in the GT version the dash would look good in a matt finish ? and leatherette seats also the chrome inside would benefit from being a brushed effect....
just my opinion....

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks for posting Privatedoc - the only thing missing from the Up GT specifications is a DSG type gearbox. Time will tell though...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Not sure a DSG would even fit in the engine compartment!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Three More....Love the seats personally, yes too much chrome but the car has a rear end to die for...spoiler and diffuser and twin exhausts...gorgeous!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thanks for extra photos Privatedoc! All I can say is WOW! That's better
Love it all round
gorgeous exterior! The alloys are similar to mine, move up! waffle ones.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good find LJ

·
Registered
705 Posts
I notice that they've swapped the instruments in the dash around. There's a large rev counter in the centre, and the speedometer has been relegated to the left dial - the opposite of the standard layout.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to order one asap! love it to bits!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Yes, I wouldn't mind one myself. The increased torque lower in the rev range and the extra gear should make for relaxed cruising, when not using the extra performance. I think this version of the Up ispencilledin for some time in 2013.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only reason I wouldnt get one would be if they brought out a Cross version with 4x4

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I would prefer less boy racer styling e.g. chrome. And I wonder what the ride will be like?

luckyjimmy said:
Yes, I wouldn't mind one myself. The increased torque lower in the rev range and the extra gear should make for relaxed cruising, when not using the extra performance. I think this version of the Up ispencilledin for some time in 2013.
That extra gear might mean better economy at motorway speeds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
should be able to get some good power gains from that too... nice remap should show about 125hp... ireckona realistic 150 could be achieved with a few other mods..
be a nippy car with 150hp... still think 108 hp is a little low.. :p
Edited by: george929

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah love the exterior, not sure on the interior tho... kinda just dosent go and doesnt look like a GT model on the inside?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is still a prototype/concept car....I reckon the way to make it really special is to do the dash in carbonfibre-look or similar.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts