Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from the bits on the internet, does anyone have any additional info on the GT. Just waiting for my dealer to come back to me. I WANT ONE !!!!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I believe the Up GT goes on sale some time in 2013 - just wait for the stampede when the order books open!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Me first, Me first!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
GT will be a little corker and released I bet with a Mii FR and Citogo VRs. If the engine is like the 1.2TSi it will be a hoot to drive and make use of the decent chassis all three have.

Should have a TSi version of theexisting Up! 3 pot with 109Bhp.
Edited by: jezyg

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice as the up! is it is a tiny car. The up! Black and White with a few extras are already OTT price-wise imo.

My bet is that the GT will be £15-16k - will be nowhere near £13k for sure. And at that price it's vfm will be poor.

·
Registered
851 Posts
VWXYZ said:
Nice as the up! is it is a tiny car.  The up! Black and White with a few extras are already OTT price-wise imo.  

My bet is that the GT will be £15-16k - will be nowhere near £13k for sure.  And at that price it's vfm will be poor.
It may be possible to get an ex-demo for sensible money. The best car I ever had was ex-demo.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
If it goes as high as 16-17k, the polo gti would be a better buy.......if 13-14k, I'll buy one, if much more....either a golf cabrio or a polo blueGT

·
Registered
587 Posts
Privatedoc said:
If it goes as high as 16-17k, the polo gti would be a better buy.......if 13-14k, I'll buy one, if much more....either a golf cabrio or a polo blueGT
Also have the forthcoming FL Ibiza Cupra and Fabia VRs which will nip at the heels for those that are not so bothered about badge kudos. Shame the engine in all three is a tadunreliable and can drink nearly as much oil as it does petrol.

·
Registered
655 Posts
All i say is do not assume it will be called GT...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
MarkyMark said:
All i say is do not assume it will be called GT...

Methinks you know more than you're telling

·
Registered
655 Posts
Time will tell but don't forget VW currently also has anothe'R' letter in its sporty portfolio ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
UP R Line........Hmmmmm UP GT sounds better imho

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well if it's to be badged GTI let's hope it lives up to the badge (unlike the polo) £12-13k would about right anymore and it's in A500 territory, polo blue gt is ull as ditchwater to drive and over priced, let's hope VW make it fun and release it in carbon grey to match my mk6

·
Registered
235 Posts
Whatever it's called, VW Germany have indicated that it should sell for less than £14k and would need to be priced at this level to compete vs. cars like Suzuki Swift etc.
They will probably price it competitively but with a load of options for all those who like 'loading' their cars - at which point £16k could become a reality.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I can see a second car being introduced to our house hold!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
no mention of Up! GT in the build up for the Paris motorshow all be it mk7 Golf is taking the headlines

had a polo coutesy car today and can't believe how awful it was compared to the Up Black in our dealers, so praying the GT will be a cracker

I'm fairly confident a Carbon GTI will be joining the fleet if it appears as agree move in right direction

·
Registered
47 Posts
What VW should do with any form of higher performance Up! is to have a mode switch so that you can drive the car in Eco mode with similar performance and economy as the current 75p Up!

And then the driver can switch modes as required which automatically changes the map settings for the ECU and diverts exhaust gases to whatever turbocharger is installed. And at the same time a 2nd diff switches in which changes the gear ratios. A sort of overdrive type unit to take advantage of the increased torque produced. You are going to loose 15-20mpg when "sports" mode is enabled however for the purposes of the EURO fuel figures the car retains its Eco ratings and taxation status.

Now wouldn't that be interesting?

vup rider

·
Registered
453 Posts
would be an ideal solution vup rider

one of the best features on the 500TA

1 - 20 of 25 Posts