Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Removed from my own GTI as recently bought the near mint set on eBay from OEM Alloy wheels. Wheel in Excellent condition with standard fitment tyre having 3mm tread. £300 Posted within UK or £280 Collected near Lowestoft East Anglia

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just to be clear Baz. Are you selling 1 wheel or a set of 4? Potential buyers might be a bit confused as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 4 but selling them individually

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you were nearer I may have been interested in one of the rougher ones if it was cheap enough, to keep as a spare.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you were nearer I may have been interested in one of the rougher ones if it was cheap enough, to keep as a spare.
Whereabouts are you as got a Wales trip coming up in the coming weeks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Down in ‘sunny’ Surrey - Reigate.
Was going to be going M25 Anti Clockwise then M4. Can do a kerbed wheel with 3mm tread for £250 Posted

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to worry - that’s still a bit much for me as it’s not an urgent requirement.
A brand new alloy is £496 + Price of the tyre so unfortunately can't go any lower then that Sorry

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm looking for a spare, can you either post more close up pictures or email them to me? If the wheel is tidy enough would pay £300 delivered. Who would you use to courier? Thanks Stewart

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm looking for a spare, can you either post more close up pictures or email them to me? If the wheel is tidy enough would pay £300 delivered. Who would you use to courier? Thanks Stewart
DM me your email or mobile no. Stewart and will send them over via What's App. Shipping will be via Paisley freight which have always been really good. Wheel is in near mint condition with no Kerbing

·
Registered
181 Posts
£300 for a spare wheel! WTF! I have seen decent full sets of these for less than £600! Must be time to buy a set just to split them up!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
£300 for a spare wheel! WTF! I have seen decent full sets of these for less than £600! Must be time to buy a set just to split them up!
Are you talking about the ones on eBay last month where they looked like the Guy had been out Rally driving them 😲. They were in a total state and wouldn't answer where he got them from. Now has a Up GTI Bumper for sale so makes me think he's breaking a GTI 🤔

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been looking for a while, months ago you could get a single alloy for about £175 but that isn't the case now. A set of 4 sold this week for £1300, one that needed a full refurb was £280 and a decent one was £270 plus carriage with no tyre or centre cap.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've been looking for a while, months ago you could get a single alloy for about £175 but that isn't the case now. A set of 4 sold this week for £1300, one that needed a full refurb was £280 and a decent one was £270 plus carriage with no tyre or centre cap.
This is madness. Stupid money for a set of wheels and tyres. Prices rise through an increase in demand. Either loads of Up GTI owners are wrecking their wheels on pot holes or thieves are stealing sets and creating the demand.

I guess there are too many retired Up GTI owners out there with decent index linked final salary scheme pensions that are happy to drop £300 on a (spare) wheel. Most normal people spend £50 max on eBay or at a breakers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Arrived safely, well packed and in mint condition exactly as described. Now sat safe in the boot and the gunk & compressor are in the shed. Very happy :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Arrived safely, well packed and in mint condition exactly as described. Now sat safe in the boot and the gunk & compressor are in the shed. Very happy :)
Thanks again Stewart 👍

Still 3 left if anyone is interested

1 - 20 of 30 Posts