Up Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the UP GTI I have put a deposit on should be arriving this Friday. The dealer (VW) was supposed to replace the wheel centre caps as they are showing signs of wear and tear, however he said they aren’t available through VW anymore?

I bought some replacements in April this year for the High Up.

Part No for the High Up W1S0 601 149 FF XC

Part No for the GTI V1S0 601 149 DF XC

I thought they were all the same, but maybe they aren’t. Is anyone able to check?

TIA

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi Ya

Whilst others check for you maybe an opportunity to have the small caps from
👍

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe an option. I know the big centres are a bit marmite. I’m not sure about the small centre kit, for me personally.

Reactions: Manc lad

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The standard ones are way better IMO. The older ones you have will fit no problem. the only difference in the new ones is that the "VW" emblem is flat, not raised. (that goes for the front & rear badges, and the centre steering wheel badge too (not as "quality" in my opinion as the old ones)
I believe the older ones are still available. Maybe it's the new ones that aren't available as spares yet.

Reactions: neebsta

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The standard ones are way better IMO. The older ones you have will fit no problem. the only difference in the new ones is that the "VW" emblem is flat, not raised. (that goes for the front & rear badges, and the centre steering wheel badge too (not as "quality" in my opinion as the old ones)
I believe the older ones are still available. Maybe it's the new ones that aren't available as spares yet.
I had to get one older as I wanted a Panoramic Roof 😎 and in Black.

Reactions: AT999

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Yes it's funny how all cars come with a multitude of crap that most petrolheads hate....

That's what happens when you let accountants run the business and marketing people who know most of the lease a new car every 2 years brigade love bling and how many useless features a car has 🤬

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Driven a few Scalas (and Fabias) recently - the two "tablet-like" screens are appalling to use. It's not the fact they are LCD screens as such, it's implementation. Speedos and RPM counters work better as dials - no reason to not have those as LCD - but there are loads of distracting "touch-buttons" and menus needed to do so many things. Downright dangerous.....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Every time I get in the Up, and my eyes settle on the analogue dials and proper buttons, I offer a little prayer of thanks that VW's cheapest car is the last to retain such premium features :)
I think the desire for more analogue cars is growing all the time. My other car is a Polestar 2, it's brilliant at what it does, it very nearly drives itself and is stupendously fast, but I craved an up! GTI for the uncomplicated thrills it offers. I couldn't just own an electric car, or even an automatic ICE car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just tucked it away in the garage on Thursday morning until I can drive again, following knee surgery yesterday morning. Loved the few little runs that I had, very engaging car to drive no excessive driver aids which is an absolute bonus. Standard set up seems fine for me, although I may well put some OEM 16” wheels on it. I can’t see the tyres on these current Oswald Wheels lasting very long with the potholes around where we live. A bit more sidewall will help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just tucked it away in the garage on Thursday morning until I can drive again, following knee surgery yesterday morning. Loved the few little runs that I had, very engaging car to drive no excessive driver aids which is an absolute bonus. Standard set up seems fine for me, although I may well put some OEM 16” wheels on it. I can’t see the tyres on these current Oswald Wheels lasting very long with the potholes around where we live. A bit more sidewall will help.
Had mine 3 days... dropping the tyre pressures to 32R and 28F have transformed the 'pot hole' handling! The OEM Oswald's are an integral part of the GTi 'look' IMHO >)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Had mine 3 days... dropping the tyre pressures to 32R and 28F have transformed the 'pot hole' handling! The OEM Oswald's are an integral part of the GTi 'look' IMHO >)
I’m used to MK 1 GTIs cabriolets rolling on small Wheels. Nothing wrong with a bit of sidewall 😎
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Reactions: up234
1 - 17 of 17 Posts