Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 2463 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shopping round for the best deal on a new UP! GTI and had a quote today from drivethedeal.com.3 door, red with black roof - £12,288 pcp or £12,788 cash but they are quoting SEPT 2018 delivery date!
Also had a quote from another dealer which wasn't as competitive on the price but quoted MAY 2018 delivery date.
Anybody else had similar issues/variations with delivery dates - I can't wait that long to get my hand on one!

·
Registered
442 Posts
May 2018 sounds like a car a dealer has on order which you may be able to tailor the spec on.

September wouldn't surprise me now for delivery based on a factory order given the demand.

Whilst order books have only been open since the 6 February i think a lot of people have pressed the button on one

·
Registered
592 Posts
Cheeky dealer charging £2k over list

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-VOLKSWAGEN-UP-1-0-115PS-Up-GTI-5dr-N-A-N-A/263520991795?hash=item3d5b133a33:g:nxoAAOSwImRacuYA

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine landed at the docks over the weekend. My dealer is arranging self collection to hopefully have the car to me by the weekend, on a shiny new 18 plate :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Truth-seeker said:
Cheeky dealer charging £2k over list

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2018-VOLKSWAGEN-UP-1-0-115PS-Up-GTI-5dr-N-A-N-A/263520991795?hash=item3d5b133a33:g:nxoAAOSwImRacuYA

Don't think I've seen a single dealer stock car with climate control. Must have for me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Glad I ordered mine on the 6th Feb..
Was told approx 12 Weeks dealer has told that still stands
So fingers crossed.
VW are certainly on to a winner. .think it will make other manufactuars sit up and take notice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anxious and sad, I pre-ordered in Switzerland around Dec 10th.
In the beginning, built date was Beginning of April, delivery beginning of May.
Actually, but STILL NOT CONFIRMED (could be early.... Or even later !) it's beginning of June for factory and delivery beginning of July. :(
Don't know why ? Maybe full options and some make delays(sunroof, beat sound)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rockbob said:
Glad I ordered mine on the 6th Feb..
Was told approx 12 Weeks dealer has told that still stands
So fingers crossed.
VW are certainly on to a winner. .think it will make other manufactuars sit up and take notice.
has the status of your order changed from 'Processing your order'?

I ordered mine on the 10th Feb and it's still processing. I was originally told by my dealer that it would be 12 weeks but at this rate I don't think it will be.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine states at the factory..but it's been like that since 7th Feb..the dealer has told me it is normal to be at that stage for a while...
Doesn't stop me checking the bleeding App every 5 mins.
Gonna be worth the wait

·
Registered
945 Posts
If you don't mind used I see there are quite a few used GTI's on the VW site, probably demonstrators but ready to drive away.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/used-cars

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looker's has done a few of these on autotrader too. For this reason I would never ever go there. Ordering up cars themselves, then selling them over list price. I hope nobody buys these, or anything off them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I spoke with VW, there is an issue with the app and online tracker not moving to stage 2 despite cars being accepted by the factory. Mine has been accepted and hopefully as I was in early(ish) no major delays. They are still quoting the standard 3 month lead time as is my dealer

We shall see....

1 - 20 of 2463 Posts