Up Owners Club banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great wheels and they sound like they've hit the spot!

Just a personal opinion but as soon as the original wheels come off they really don't look like a GTi anymore to me.
Mine has 3 of the GTi badges removed and looks even less like a GTi. Anybody know how to get the front badge off?

That's my favourite wheel colour for red :) Very rally.
Where did you get 'em?
These came from Larkspeed in Leeds, only £640.

I wanted grey wheels but they were on back order for months. Was going for the Clio Trophy look but ended up with a 106 Rallye instead. The ride is more Peugeot than VW now too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Done some big mileages of late - drove down from east Lothian to Mid Wales to collect a new MTB (Remedy 8 for those bike nerds) last week. Ended up doing the horseshoe pass on route to ride Llangdegla then back up through scotland to ride Glentress then on to home.

The Up was absolutely brilliant company the whole trip, it really is a better all round car now, seems more comfy at higher speeds on the motorway - 80 is the new 70 and its happier faster - cannot place why this should be - more compliant I guess.

And the run to Peebles last friday PM - wow, it monstered down the road by Stobo Castle - then after the ride I was a bit light on fuel so I cruised home up the epic B709/B7007 - super smooth.

East Lothian - Newcastle to macc to Preston to East Lothian next two days. Gonna stop and ride Hamsterly tomorrow then GT again on Thursday eve. happy Days.

p.s. a 27.5 wheel MTB will just fit in with both wheels off - phew!

121 - 124 of 124 Posts