Up Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Tough one this. I think the Picanto is more of a mainstream choice with less compromises and better equipment whilst the UP GTI is more of a keen driver's choice.

The Kia in 100 bhp GT line S trim has toys such as heated seats, Apple car play/AA and wireless phone charging. It also benefits from having only 16" inch wheels and a 7 year warranty.

That said, to maintain the warranty, you must service and replace all relevant consumables using OEM parts at a Kia main dealer or VAT registered garage which, will be costly. Peace of mind at a price. Downsides are the Picanto only has a 5 speed box and the looks might not be to everyones taste.

The Up GTi has less frills and looks to be more of a driver focused car but its ride appears to be somewhat compromised by the 17 inch wheels and lack of a decent infotainment system.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Or a Hyundai i10 nline. Looks a lot better than the Picanto in my opinion but I think it's slightly slower and only has a 5 year warranty.

New from £15.5K on auto trader which is about the same as 3 year old low mileage up GTI. Worth a look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts