Up Owners Club banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
Hi Burble
Congrats on getting your order in, nice to have it for Christmas
Beats ? Dump it, makes no difference, better using the space to put a spare wheel in it 馃榿
Looking forward to a photo with it covered in Christmas wrapping paper !!

Enjoy

Registered
Agree with most others re Beats "upgrade". Not worth paying the extra money or going out of your way for. Standard head unit and speakers are more enjoyable/easier on the ear than some other, more expensive, VWs. And surprisingly good sound via Bluetooth (which pains me to admit, as a hi-fi snob).

I would run the standard setup for a few months and then, if it's not enough for you, look at aftermarket speaker upgrades. Most speaker upgrades need an amp to sound good but I have had fantastic results with these running off the factory head unit*:

(* I have the same speakers in both our Ups, one with and one without additional amplification)

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks all, appreciate the advice. The car I tested had beats, but I didn't try the radio because I wanted to hear the engine (which in reality is probably what I will do in mine!)

Registered
I didn't know you could get dual-zone climate. Nice. :cool:
拢280 - no-brainer at that price. From the options list:

Equipment details

Climate control, electronic
拢280
Air conditioning, electronic climate control with automatic air recirculation and allergy filter

• 2Zone electronic air conditioning

Registered
拢280 - no-brainer at that price. From the options list:

Equipment details

Climate control, electronic
拢280
Air conditioning, electronic climate control with automatic air recirculation and allergy filter

• 2Zone electronic air conditioning
Indeed it is.

Is that only available on new orders? My 2019 GTI's got climate control but it's only single zone.

Registered
It could be an error and the car may actually turn up with single zone. Just thinking it would be unusual to introduce such a change so close to end of production, wouldn鈥檛 it? Also in such a small space with such a woeful vent system to rely on, dual zone could be pretty pointless anyway. Climate tidies up the dash significantly, which for me is the main reason to spec it. I usually like cc but in this case it isn鈥檛 a particularly effective improvement over standard aircon, having had both in our Up ownership history. Just my 2p anyway! Cheers

Registered
It could be an error and the car may actually turn up with single zone. Just thinking it would be unusual to introduce such a change so close to end of production, wouldn鈥檛 it? Also in such a small space with such a woeful vent system to rely on, dual zone could be pretty pointless anyway. Climate tidies up the dash significantly, which for me is the main reason to spec it. I usually like cc but in this case it isn鈥檛 a particularly effective improvement over standard aircon, having had both in our Up ownership history. Just my 2p anyway! Cheers
That's what I was thinking. I checked a lot of 19/69 GTI adverts before I found mine. None of them had dual zone climate control.

I've been using the climate control a lot over the last few days. It's not as effective as some I've used - probably due to the lack of central directional vents - but it keeps the cabin cool enough.

Registered
Ours had the standard aircon and that worked fine.
l didn't think l liked climate
control until our new Jimny came
with it, it's very good.
The only previous experience l had with climate control was on my 2005 Clio 182 and it was rubbish, either blasted you with hot air or cold air at full power until it reached the set temperature.
The Jimny climate control is much better and l assume the Up GTi system
will be similar.

Registered
As above, the 2Zone thing is an error. My 68-plate has climate control, but it鈥檚 not dual zone. The newer car has exactly the same unit.

Reactions: BillTheButcher

Registered
Hi Burble. I think you have made a decent choice. I do believe my car with the beats is better than the one without... and I did spend a lot of time in it. It does have its limitations but it definitely sounds better than the standard system in my opinion. I don't have cruise and park but the light and sight is a useful option. I haven't yet got it to light up on locking the car but I will keep looking. Good to see you managed to get one so late in the day. I had to end my pcp early to get a new car specced as I wanted but I think it was worth it if you can get one in the colour you want with the options that are useful to you. Nothing else on the market appealed to me after owning one of these for two completely trouble free years. I hope you get as much out of your new car as I did. My red one is two months old now and I am loving it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks Listensqueak. It's good to hear owners still love these cars after having them a while. I considered all sorts, including a Fiesta ST, i30N or even a Type R (most of the manual hatches really). However, I am a VAG fan and with this being our second car, something with performance useable on our roads, running costs and fun-per-拢 were key factors also. Nice MkIV by the way!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts