Up Owners Club banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lovely looking mate. Yes, there should be a jack and brace. Comes in a leatherette bag with beats as there is no room in the boot for it under the floor. Mine was collected at the end of July so unless there has been a change since then, there should be one.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Another five door fan here, that silver one looks superb, good choice, it's a great fun car and you will love it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For the me stereo quality is always going to be limited by the construction of the car - there is more ambient noise going on. On long journeys I have taken to using a earpods for listening to podcasts, especially if you get someone who mumbles. Its fine for music though.

Collecting Cars - Chris Harris is a must listen podcast btw.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also sometimes drive with earplugs in.. This is not a UP issue though, I used to do it in my Minis and I do in the Elise.

They can really bring calm to a late night trip.

·
Registered
344 Posts

Yes, I specifically asked for the plates to be taped on and suprisingly the dealer remembered!

I didn’t get a jack - I asked about this and was told the inflator and can of goo removed the need the jack, hence one is not provided. Is this correct?
Yes, they no longer come with a jack and brace.

Only picked ours up last week so went back to the dealer and, without any fuss, they helpfully supplied a jack and wheel brace FOC.

The salesman remembered from our previous Up that we do not like holes drilled into our cars.

Quite why VW do not have the locations pre-set is a mystery to me.

One of the reasons I don't like the dealers fitting plates into drilled holes is that they are not always good at putting them on dead straight and dead central, especially the rears. Drives me nuts if a plate is wonky. At least with tape it is an easy reset.

Never had a taped on plate fall off either - which is some peoples reason why they prefer screwed on plates.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Lovely looking mate. Yes, there should be a jack and brace. Comes in a leatherette bag with beats as there is no room in the boot for it under the floor. Mine was collected at the end of July so unless there has been a change since then, there should be one.
They no longer come with a jack and wheel brace.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lovely colour. Our GTi came from JCT Sheffield too. I wish the 2020 facelift made a few changes to give me an excuse to buy another one!

41 - 47 of 47 Posts