Up Owners Club banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
And don't forget, although the GTI is the lucky recipient of some significant tod-polishing to great effect, the little Up is a 10 year old car at heart and arguably feeling it in some quarters. Some may be fine with that, and I sort of am, but it's worth thinking about if you're going to dive in head first.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
First PCP is it, by any chance?

As a rule, you ain't coming out of it any time before your VT period without pain. Your payments are effectively the depreciation + a slice of profit, so it takes a long time for your payments, which have been averaged out, to actually start meeting what the car has has lost. You're entering into a contract, so it's always good to make sure you've picked the right car.

But you don't have a bad motor there. Stick with it. An Up GTI is only a marginal advancement on what you have in some ways, and a step backwards in others. But a word to the wise - make sure you really want one if you're going to do something daft!
Yes first PCP what gave it away :)

The Fiesta is an excellent car I agree. And the reason I will be looking into funding a UGTI in another way. And its likely to be a used example.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
And don't forget, although the GTI is the lucky recipient of some significant tod-polishing to great effect, the little Up is a 10 year old car at heart and arguably feeling it in some quarters. Some may be fine with that, and I sort of am, but it's worth thinking about if you're going to dive in head first.
Yes your right but dont forget I also have a High UP and I think its superb. I may give it to my daughter as its that good and bloody reliable too.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Today I have been pondering a 90PS TSI. They are in some cases up to 3k less than a GTI. I am aware of the reasons for that but I have seen some fine looking cars on here that have had some light visual upgrades to look really very nice. And I would get that little bit of extra performance I know I would enjoy over my 75ps High Up. But then I think I might regret not buying the GTI. But three grand will buy a lot of (insert here) :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
We have both, I have a Gti, and the wife has a Tsi. I had a Tsi before the Gti.
Both very capable and great for different reasons. In the real world in terms of performance, there's little to choose between them. The Tsi always feels more relaxed because of the 5 speeds against 6, and the lack of a sound aktor. Similarly the Gti "feels " faster because of the above. Hardly any difference in fuel economy, or insurance costs too. The Tsi has a more compliant ride because of the smaller diameter wheels and higher profile tyres. In our case, we tend to take the Tsi on longer runs, and the Gti on the shorter stuff. Both have been absolutely reliable.
The Gti has more cache, and as standard looks better, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the Tsi, as it's a real sleeper.
Both are in a different league performance - wise to the 75bhp High Up's we both had before, really, a night & day difference. Gearboxes are much better too.

Reactions: macp

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
We have both, I have a Gti, and the wife has a Tsi. I had a Tsi before the Gti.
Both very capable and great for different reasons. In the real world in terms of performance, there's little to choose between them. The Tsi always feels more relaxed because of the 5 speeds against 6, and the lack of a sound aktor. Similarly the Gti "feels " faster because of the above. Hardly any difference in fuel economy, or insurance costs too. The Tsi has a more compliant ride because of the smaller diameter wheels and higher profile tyres. In our case, we tend to take the Tsi on longer runs, and the Gti on the shorter stuff. Both have been absolutely reliable.
The Gti has more cache, and as standard looks better, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the Tsi, as it's a real sleeper.
Both are in a different league performance - wise to the 75bhp High Up's we both had before, really, a night & day difference. Gearboxes are much better too.
Very much appreciated reply thankyou. Having had a spirited drive in the Fiesta Vignale today it is honestly a bloody good fun drive and yet can be relaxing to travel in too. And at 20k with the spec it has its **** good value in my opinion. Therefore that car will be staying for the foreseeable future. So I am definitely going to fund the 2nd car myself and I have decided I cant afford to stretch to the GTI so its looking like it will be a TSI with a few subtle mods to make it a wee bit more interesting. Its interesting you mention the gearbox as that is the only annoyance I have with my current High Up. Im actually a little excited. Boy im sad :)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
A Tsi is an excellent choice. TBH, if it weren't for the fantastic residuals of the GTi, I may even be tempted to keep the Tsi & sell the Gti when it gets to 3 years old.

Reactions: macp

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
When I bought my car in December there were 45 nationally on AT......Most of which were also on EBay.
Today there 1476 Ups for sale just 61 of them are GTIs....

100s for sale literally is literally rubbish.

61 car spread across the whole of the UK makes for a fairly uncommon if not rare car. Literally 😜😜😜
There are currently around 100 for sale over various platforms, the largest amount (57) on Auto Trader.

When l looked a couple of months ago there were over 200. l imagine this was a brief surge caused most likely by the initial launch
PCP agreements ending.

As l said, l counted them. Why would l
say that if it was not true.

lt's not happened since. There's usually 50-100 with some duplication across platforms (for instance the same car for sale on AT, Ebay and Motors)

·
Registered
240 Posts
There are currently around 100 for sale over various platforms, the largest amount (57) on Auto Trader.

When l looked a couple of months ago there were over 200. l imagine this was a brief surge caused most likely by the initial launch
PCP agreements ending.

As l said, l counted them. Why would l
say that if it was not true.

lt's not happened since. There's usually 50-100 with some duplication across platforms (for instance the same car for sale on AT, Ebay and Motors)
As I said before most of the ones on AT are the same ones that are on EBay Pistonheads or elsewhere .. I spent a couple of months before buying my one in December and the numbers then were less.

Your statement was and is utter rubbish, Literally hundreds is just silly.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts