Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked the VW configurator this morning and it would appear the Up! GTI has been subject to more minor cosmetic alterations:
  • Chrome GTI Logo on rear has been removed and replaced with a Red GTI Logo
  • Red Brake Callipers have been removed and replaced with Grey Callipers
  • GTI Side 'Wing' Badges Removed and Replaced with Red GTI Logo

·
Registered
919 Posts
Was looking at it yesterday, and configured a silver one. Shows red calipers, and also mentions them in the text.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Probably the same GTi blades as used on the Mk8 golf GTi as seen on the ECOTY video don't look half as premium as the previous ones progress isn't always a good thing....

·
Registered
919 Posts
Must have been looking at a different configurator, it showed red calipers, new badge on the door, and mentioned the calipers in the text, all very confusing for a potential buyer !

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was just looking at the configurator and in the text it mention a multi function camera as standard equipment. Any idea what this is??
382DA27A-ECFF-47FF-A3AF-2EA81FB677AB.jpeg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was just looking at the configurator and in the text it mention a multi function camera as standard equipment. Any idea what this is?? View attachment 6052
My guess would be the lane keeping assistance cam.

On the badging, mine turned-up with the ‘normal’ badges in Nov despite the new badging showing on the config back then.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My guess would be the lane keeping assistance cam.

On the badging, mine turned-up with the ‘normal’ badges in Nov despite the new badging showing on the config back then.
Mine had the normal badges too, picked up end of November

·
Registered
221 Posts
It could be old stock being delivered with the old badges but still unregistered brand new cars. Years ago cars could be in a dealers showroom unsold for two years but would still be called new at the point of sale.

I have also seen on the VW web site the POLO GTI is no longer on sale, only dealers unsold stock available. Thats a pity as i could have been interested in a POLO GTI in a few years time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It could be old stock being delivered with the old badges but still unregistered brand new cars. Years ago cars could be in a dealers showroom unsold for two years but would still be called new at the point of sale.

I have also seen on the VW web site the POLO GTI is no longer on sale, only dealers unsold stock available. Thats a pity as i could have been interested in a POLO GTI in a few years time.
My car was ordered to my spec but I ordered it back in September so they may not have changed the badge back then.

The polo will probably come back in a few months just like the up did, I can’t see them taking it off sale for good as I’ve seen a fair few around so it must be popular. I would’ve thought it outsold the up gti

·
Registered
221 Posts
My car was ordered to my spec but I ordered it back in September so they may not have changed the badge back then.

The polo will probably come back in a few months just like the up did, I can’t see them taking it off sale for good as I’ve seen a fair few around so it must be popular. I would’ve thought it outsold the up gti

Yes VW like to take a model off sale then bring it back.
Perhaps the POLO GTI was taking sales away from the GOLF GTI
I would have bought the POLO GTI this time before i bought my UP GTI as for me it had the bonus of automatic, but it was a lot more expensive than my UP GTI.
For the low mileage i do these days i am more than happy with my UP GTI, its a great car, but i always like to plan and have my shopping list ready for my next car no matter how many years in the future it might be.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The Up GTI is sort of the best at what it does in its price point/target buyers (as there isn't really a lot of competition). Polo GTI is an absolute stinker of a car where all its direct price and performance competition outclass it. Only reason for a Polo GTI purchase is you're a VW die-hard - disappointing cabin materials, bland engine and ultimately a hot hatch which is zero fun to drive.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'd echo the post above. We tried one before we bought the Up. Plain boring.........

·
Registered
221 Posts
I will cross the POLO GTI off the list then. The 0-60 time does look good though at 6 .1/2 secs and it is automatic.
For the same price i could get a MINI COOPER automatic.

As i said all this would be for the future in a few years as all i am doing for now is window shopping so to speak.
I am enjoying my UP GTI too much to change at the moment. I had not driven it since last Monday and it has been sat outside all week covered in ice and frost. I got in today and it started first time instantly. I took it for a nice ride to warm it up. Even though i drive so little these days, i love the car and i am always impressed with it when i do drive the car.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like the Polo GTI.....Properly quick great seats in fact I had a deposit on one before buying the wee Up..... But when the car was hooked up to an all systems reader it showed the car had been clocked.
Buying a Polo GTI that is unmolested is actually quite hard. My budget (cash not PCP) allowed cars around 5 years old.
So I bought this wee Up much newer and lower miles for the same money. Whether I will find the Up as entertaining as the far more powerful Polo is yet to be decided.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's quick, but so is everything it's up against but the Fiesta ST and Cooper S are also much better steers. A hot hatch, almost by definition, needs to be fun. If it fails on that, it fails. Did you just drive one in isolation or did you take anything else out? And are you talking about the current one or the previous one as I can't imagine finding a current one unmolested is difficult?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts