Up Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
I really like our TSI. I prefer the stealth look. It's mapped to about 132bhp so quick enough to be fun. I deliberately went for the 15 inch wheels. Way better control and comfort on UK twisty, bouncy, uneven roads.
If you really need a rear view camera and it's not possible/easy to retro fit the VW one eBay is full of Bluetooth camera's and aftermarket head units.

·
Registered
26 Posts
With help from here, I've just bought a Tsi. Yes, it was quite hard to find one & I had to compromise as I would have liked cruise. Normally buy slightly newer cars but got the 2yr warranty.

Search was not helped by being in almost permanent lockdown...

It's a hoot. 😁

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I’ve came across quite a few nice ones but ideally I want silver, white, red or black. Black cloth interior / dash and a camera. Finding almost impossible to find a good one. Not sure why people don’t spec a camera for how little it cost..

·
Registered
919 Posts
Doesn't sound pricey to me from a dealer. I'd be after nearer £9750 for the wife's if she were to sell it, (March 2018, 16000 miles).
Trouble is, I can't buy anything that's as good for much more money !

·
Registered
553 Posts
Not being funny but do people really need a rear view camera on a 3.6 meter car ?
The trucks I’ve driven don’t have them.

·
Registered
599 Posts
A deal breaker for me is the cream seats / dash etc. Much prefer the black seats and dash..
Hi AM
Been following this, GTi or TSi, both would be good, and I have to agree the Tsi is a close 2nd the Gti, I ran one (Gti) close a couple of weeks ago until it got squirrely 😁
Seats: Got mine for the grey, not cream, diamond pleated Alcantara seats and white dash, make it seem much bigger on the inside, black is Sooooo boring (IMHO), although the lads did give me a beating over the Bonsai dash graphics 🙄
Upgraded mine with a rear cam and dedicated screen, you'll need LED's as well, worth investing if your keeping it
Hope you find what your looking for
Enjoy the ride !

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is it worth paying the extra from a dealers for 2 years warranty, 2 years mot cover up to £750 and 2 year road side assist? It’s the lowest mileage car I can find at 12k miles / 2018. VW are after £9,300 for it.. seems pricey?
A deal breaker for me is the cream seats / dash etc. Much prefer the black seats and dash..
Is it a beats model?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Doesn't sound pricey to me from a dealer. I'd be after nearer £9750 for the wife's if she were to sell it, (March 2018, 16000 miles).
Trouble is, I can't buy anything that's as good for much more money !
If VW are anything like Toyota fitting the camera to the existing loom should be very easy.
I was given a camera for my Toyota RAV4. Popped it in and hooked it up to the plug already there and it worked straight away.
The Up is easy to park without a camera but I think it would be a doddle to fit. VW will use a common loom throughout the Up range there won’t be differences as manufacturing a common loom is cheaper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I’ve seen a few but with lockdown impending nothing can happen atm. We’ll see after jan what happens

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Seen one around 100miles from me. Red, five door, black interior, smaller wheels. 26k miles, priced at £7,999. Comes with VW warranty, mot cover and assist. Going to call them tmrw and see if there’s a deal to be done. If so, I want to find an oem rear camera kit which functions thru the stock head unit - if that’s possible. Anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Also seen another car with the spec I want but it has some larger polished wheels, look to be 16”. Are the stock 15” ever for sale on here? Can’t seem to find any..

·
Registered
592 Posts
What is the issue with 16" ?

Mine runs 16" 185/50 "Serpens" that came with the car. Sure it's not a nice GTi, but the wheels look fine (search online). Maybe a tad harder ride than 15", but I'm on softer springs than a GTi, albeit lowered... Handles well, rides well, given it has only 75ps. And very hard to kerb!

Are you looking for a spec that is so precise that there is only 1 car out there ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not being funny but do people really need a rear view camera on a 3.6 meter car ?
The trucks I’ve driven don’t have them.
always handy and I drive Bigger artics combinations that can go on the road,I use mine mainly inthe garage rather than bump off the tyres at the back of it. Handy piece of kit,along with the parking sensors its more accurate
Mind you me truck has three cameras and volume of the cameras too.. Cant Beat progress

I put 15" wheels on mine as well as its more comfortable

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
What is the issue with 16" ?

Mine runs 16" 185/50 "Serpens" that came with the car. Sure it's not a nice GTi, but the wheels look fine (search online). Maybe a tad harder ride than 15", but I'm on softer springs than a GTi, albeit lowered... Handles well, rides well, given it has only 75ps. And very hard to kerb!

Are you looking for a spec that is so precise that there is only 1 car out there ?
personally prefer the stock wheels. Six spoke split design. Spec wise All I want is a camera and dark interior. Ideally 5 door. Only a select few have cameras.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Really though, we're talking fun, bargain-basement runabouts here!
Buy something close to your spec at the right price and enjoy it!
Or check out Fiats or Aygos or Hyundai's etc etc if it's all about colours and cameras!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have an aygo lol.
This is to replace it.
Happy to pay a bit extra for the best spec / lowest mileage car I can.
Who know. Might keep it forever

·
Registered
919 Posts
Seen one around 100miles from me. Red, five door, black interior, smaller wheels. 26k miles, priced at £7,999. Comes with VW warranty, mot cover and assist. Going to call them tmrw and see if there’s a deal to be done. If so, I want to find an oem rear camera kit which functions thru the stock head unit - if that’s possible. Anyone point me in the right direction?

That sounds ok. The stock wheels are occasionally on Ebay.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Rear parking sensors are much better than a rear view camera. Don't get covered in sh1te or condensation.

Had a Mk1 Aygo for a few years. It was great fun deploying that 67bhp and it would beat most cars to 20mph. It was noisy on the motorway and you had to ring it's neck all the time to make any progress.

I suspect you and especially the wife might find the Up GTi ride to be a bit too compromised.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts