Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Up! has arrived and sitting at the dealers. Seeing it tomorrow and signing paperwork, although not picking it up until 20th though. Will take a few pics of her naked and a wee bit dirty I assume.

Insurance has pleased me the most, after having no NCD due to not having had my own insurance for over three years. The ball and chain is the main driver and insured on the Leon with me as an add on. I have been on a 50cc Scooter for the past 18 months, and the NCD from that cannot betransferredeither.

So to get a quote of £275 Fully Comp, free legal cover and 0% interest on monthly payments is excellent
. More money for mods now........

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Crickey that insurance price isn't bad at all, I'm looking forward to going into my brokers and telling them what car I have finally bought. For the past year or so I've been going i for quotes on Golf gtis or gts and cars with a bit of umph in them and every time they've said Ben come back with a smaller car! So that's exactly what I have done haha

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Itzben said:
Crickey that insurance price isn't bad at all, I'm looking forward to going into my brokers and telling them what car I have finally bought. For the past year or so I've been going i for quotes on Golf gtis or gts and cars with a bit of umph in them and every time they've said Ben come back with a smaller car! So that's exactly what I have done haha

Helps I am 39 I suppose, and have no bad driving history. But was pretty happy even though the Up! is Group 1.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ye suppose your age does help a little
, When my insurance is up for renewal I will of just turned 25 and have 5 years ncb so hopefully will drop, I've had quotes for around £500ish at the moment but my wife has only just past her test last year so I'm thinking that's holding it up if you get me!
I haven't received my UP! yet but from reading a lot of posts on here i'm sure we are going to very much enjoy them

·
Registered
532 Posts
Me £200, me plus daughter £600. eek

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eeek, I hope to be nearer £200 next year after 1 year's NCB. Personally I think insurance companies spin a big wheel and the price on the wheel when it stops is your quote!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paperwork all done her she is factory fresh awaiting PDi. One interesting thing to note is that with theconveniencepack you also get door locking buttons as part of the central locking. They just need to order the Maps & More in and a load liner ready for collection on the 20th.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, finally getting a little excited with two weeks to go!

Not long for you either Doc

·
Registered
851 Posts
I phoned my dealer today and he said my car had arrived a couple of days ago - cool as you like. I guess he wasn't rushing to tell me because i had already told him that I didn't want it till November! Frustrating next few weeks then - and it's all my fault !Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AlanG said:
I phoned my dealer today and he said my car had arrived a couple of days ago - cool as you like. I guess he wasn't rushing to tell me because i had already told him that I didn't want it till November! Frustrating next few weeks then - and it's all my fault !

Similar situation to me then, although knew the car would be not far off when I actually wanted it for. Only a moth to go........

·
Registered
851 Posts
jezyg said:
AlanG said:
I phoned my dealer today and he said my car had arrived a couple of days ago - cool as you like. I guess he wasn't rushing to tell me because i had already told him that I didn't want it till November! Frustrating next few weeks then - and it's all my fault !

Similar situation to me then, although knew the car would be not far off when I actually wanted it for. Only a moth to go........
My delivery is planned for 3 Nov. I'm getting a move up in candy white with rubber mats and a spare wheel along with 3 years servicing. Jez, what and when are you getting?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts