Up Owners Club banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Primarily the UP/CitoGo/Mii are city cars, so 60/75 bhp is more than adequate, lightweight, narrow. In competition with the like of Aygo/Fiat 500. TSi at 90 bhp and GTi at 115 bhp have legs for motorway and fast driving. Wife and I love our CitiGo's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
my mum has an aygo , she is happy with it but i felt they were a bit flimsy / cramped compared to the UP , handling wasnt great either . i looked at 500 too but didnt test drive , i saw a used UP and the UP ticked all the boxes for me (y)

·
Registered
716 Posts
The New Aygo X looks good. It now has a CVT auto box and a nice interior.

The price has jumped. I could have bought the previous model, delivery mileage Aygo auto for £12000. The latest Aygo X with the same spec is £18000, but they are discounting them. Some dealers advertising a £1500 discount on A.T.

Also all Toyotas now have a 10 year warranty which is a good selling point. You just have to have the car serviced each year at a Toyota main dealer. The car is still not a patch on the UP though, even more so with my UP GTI. The only thing that would tempt me is the auto as i love autos. Then again i would prefer the Mini Cooper auto. The MIni has received excellent scores in the latest Driver Power survey even for reliability.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
the mini cooper was on my list too but didnt find one in my budget at the moment .

Then again i would prefer the Mini Cooper auto. The MIni has received excellent scores in the latest Driver Power survey even for reliability.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
716 Posts
the mini cooper was on my list too but didnt find one in my budget at the moment .

Then again i would prefer the Mini Cooper auto. The MIni has received excellent scores in the latest Driver Power survey even for reliability.
[/QUOTE]

Yes Minis are rather costly. The ones i looked at and Test Drove before i bought my UP GTI would have cost thousands more than my VW. I do like the Cooper Sport with the John Cooper body kit fitted as standard, but strangely i dont think they are on sale any more. They are not on the Mini web site as a new car any more, only the Classic and Exclusive.

There are still plenty available used though and in the latest Driver Power survey on car makers, Mini came in at number 9 compared to VW at number 18.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts