Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Names Ryan, I dont yet own an UP but I soon as I sell my Audi A3 I will be ordering one.

My main reason for getting an UP is the running costs of my A3, even tho its a diesel the economy isnt that great, plus insurance and tax are not cheap either. Its a lot of money to pay of for a car I only do about 6000 miles a year in.

Anyway thats me. Looking forward to owning the UP and chatting about it on here.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hello and welcome

Good luck with your order, don't forget to add all the bits and bobs recommended by peeps on here

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey Ryan, I got my up for the same reason, I traded in my golf for it and even though I've had it 2 days I'm so happy with it! What up! are you looking at?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Well they now charge £200 for white, I took the light blue and in some light looks white, I'm very happy with it! The missus wanted red but as its my car I got my colour haha

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Itzben said:
Well they now charge £200 for white, I took the light blue and in some light looks white, I'm very happy with it! The missus wanted red but as its my car I got my colour haha

I spoke to the dealer about the £200 charge for white and they said they would wave it, although i think I'm edging towards red anyway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty excited, placing the order for my UP in the morning, im going for:-

High UP in Red 75 Bluemotion 3dr
Red and black dash
Leather look seats
Sensor pack
Sound pack
16" classic wheels

Iv sold my car so its a cold winter on the push bike till my UP comes

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Wow what a good spec I secretly wished I went for red! I do love my colour though!! And I love those wheels to!!! Just a reminder spare wheel!! It's well worth the £50 because the up! Only has a wheel repair kit that once used ruins the wheel!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not sure if blue motion is worth the extra, it's what I have but if I was choosing again I think I'd use the extra cash to add sensor pack. The stop start doesn't really work for me and my mpg is no better than those without BMT, Just my thoughts for what it's worth.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Rickenbacker said:
Not sure if blue motion is worth the extra, it's what I have but if I was choosing again I think I'd use the extra cash to add sensor pack. The stop start doesn't really work for me and my mpg is no better than those without BMT, Just my thoughts for what it's worth.
I don't like start/stop either. I had it on my Smart car and I always switched it off as soon as i fired up the engine. Like you, I would go for the sensor pack.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I like the blue motion on mine. I'm not sure I will ever use the anti-crash system.

I bought the spare wheel, it's only £50.

I'm just getting a 1,000 mile check up and then I'll thrash the engine for a bit of fun.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
already going for the sensor pack although I had a pan roof on my audi and I quite fancy it again, might jack off the bluemotion and add the pan roof instead.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm afraid VW blue motion technology is becoming a 'brand' in its own right but I suspect there are no real advantages with it over the other models in the range that out way the extra cost. We had a Jetta blue motion 1.6 tdi as a loan car and the mpg was poor compared with our Golf 2.0 tdi ( none BMT)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Blue motion = no road tax at present

1 - 20 of 23 Posts