Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a message from my local VW dealer in Hexham, Northumberland that they're taking delivery of a demo on Tuesday.Wow! Nice to see if it lives up to the mags.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just returned from test drive in Take up!Very impressed with space inside, I'm 6ft 6" and there was lots of legroom with decent space in rear(much better than my old mini one). Exterior looks good, facia a bit bland,I had to stop to adjust the steering to its highest point as I couldn't see the speedo from 30 to 90. The front seats were a problem as they were difficult to move to let rear passenger out (I think theres a better release system on high up/ White).
Dealer was not moving on discounts/ trade in. Said delivery would be 12 to 14 weeks....... Managed to get slight offer of a tank of fuel, free Scotchguard and paint protection.
Overall car was as good as write up in press releases but have ordered a High up as its got the more powerful engine, found the base model very flat when pulling away from a roundabout onto the A69 on a slight uphill stretch, teetered to get to 50mph. Engine quite quiet, boot a lot bigger than I expected. Now a long wait till May/June unless theres a one in the VW system.
Have ordered 16" classic alloys ... hoping the steel spare will match!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Excellent post, cheers for the photos!

From the outside did the Up! Come across as a 'diddy car'? How big do you feel it looked in comparison to a Ford KA or a Mini?

My only worry is it looking a bit like a clown car in the flesh - which I don't mind too much, I just want to feel safe and not bullied on the road :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looked muchbigger than a Ka, we had a mini one for 5 years, the UP is certainly different but its more boxy and the interior is very roomy. The speedo/rev/petrol gauges will take a little getting used to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts