Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 12 reg Australian spec ex-demo up three days ago. Other than the inconvenience of having to go to work, I've been driving it incessantly! It's a hoot to drive! I've seen precisely two other ups in Melbourne in the last few days. Surely there's more?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Congratulations....you won't be needing winter tyres in your area then!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Joycey said:
Certainly not. In fact the aircon has been getting a good workout!

You Lucky person......Scotland may be land of the purple heather but it is also land of the dirty weather!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congratulations on your new up!Awesome to see another fellow Melbournian.

I should be picking mine up this Friday. Can't wait!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats Mate.

I'm on Holidays on Malaysia at the moment. I'm stuck driving a rented Proton Persona with a dog of an engine and a gearbox on its last legs. I've only had a week with my baby V-Dub. Can't wait it get back into it!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi Joycey - thought this might make you smile or go green with jealousy lol,took delivery of our Up!Black yesterday - note the wife's Pvt Reg plate - 2 guesses what her name is lol :)

Enjoy the rest of yr Hols - dont let the Proton get to ya! :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
VW dealer said the colour is called "Duck Egg Blue" but no matter what is called your Up! looks like a lil Quacker!!
Enjoy :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not entirely sure TBH - we took the test drive in a Take up in that colour, and the dealer said it was duck egg blue? doesnt matter tho cos it look the biz - and good that VW are offering a 'different' color choice at no extra charge :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's a weird colour but I like it. During the day it looks white but once it starts getting dark it looks more blue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And I'm back. Had a few jobs to do today so I was bombing around Melbourne. It's a nippy little ******* in traffic. It had two weeks worth of leaves on it upon my return. I took it to the car wash and the lads working there asked me a million questions about it. Aussies are generally large car fanatics but the little up! Was a hit. And they were amazed that it only cost $12990 for an ex demo. VW's prices in Australia are a bit steep usually.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi Joycey - just back from a round trip to Mcr & back to Newcastle... never mind being nippy in traffic, she's bloody brill on the Motorway too - comfort & drive-wise feels like a much bigger car! Im dead chuffed with her :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've just purchased some black 15in Advanti alloys for the little V-Dub! Getting fitted in a couple of hours. Pics later today!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Joycey i think its a really nice colour and certainly very unique at the moment - very good choice - not seen many in the UK in this colour yet just a few!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks mate. They black alloys are on her now and it looks brilliant. I've been trying to upload a photo but computer says no.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts