Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo everyone!
Certainly I´m a newbie both as an Up-owner and on this forum but absolutely not when it comes to cars. My age is revealedby mynickname here andthat numberalso happens to be the number of cars I´ve owned (since 1968). No 63 is a white four-door High Up! with glass-roof, maps and more and I must say that I have really taken a fancy of this little car- and so has my wife who isn´t a bit interested in cars generally. We purchased it as a second car (the first one being a white Volvo S40 D3 2012 and myclassic car for sunny days afully restored red BMW E30 Baur TC2 Cab).

Our Up has covered just 1000 kilometres so far so (of course) nothing has happened. Driving it is an absolutely joy - especially compared with the Fiat Panda I traded in for the Up! after only 6000 kilometres of painful driving experience. It is not unusual for the fuel consumption to come down to under 4 litres per 10 kilometres and that is on wintertyres with studs.

In short you can rely on us beingvery satisfied so far. I find it very interesting to read most of what is written in this forum and I certainly will tell you when (or if ) things happen. Perhaps I will succeed in sending photos also - that tends to be tricky in my experience of these kind of forums

All the best to you!
Sixtythree

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hello Sixythree and welcome from another newbie to this forum and Vw up! Our is on order and due for delivery in March.(can,t wait).What a coincidence that I am also 63 and have owned 63 cars since 1968.Well 62 as of now....the Up! will be No 63.I also ,as you, have a classic car.A fully restored 1953 Sunbeam Talbot Mk11a although she is a bit grumpy at the moment at the prospect of sharing her garage with a new kid on the block.
Go well
Night Owl

·
Registered
128 Posts
63 carssince 1968 equates to 1 every 9 months. I am 63 this year and my Up! will be my 24th since'68 if my memory serves me right. Make that 25 as I had forgotten my Cortina 1600E in 1974/5.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hello AGE1950, 1 car every 9 months is right of course if it were that simple. I was often my own Nemesis!During the 1980,s I built 2 kit cars so was running around in any old banger I could find for £50 with a few months M.O.T then down to the scrap yard for,in those days,£30.That maybe accounts for 10 cars.I also restored a few cars so old bangers again.....another 10? My wifes cars...say 10 again. Now down to 33.In fact the car we are trading in for the Up! we have had for 12.5 years.I have always been a "Petrol Head" and I guess that will not change now, and the Up! being our first brand new car I like to think that for all these years I have been recycling!
Look,s like you will get your Up! about 2 weeks before us. Enjoy and keep us all posted.
Go well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi there! Sweden is great! I have a similair car. A black high up, glassroof and all that. I'm 41 and I just love the up! Where are you from? I live in Småland!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good evening, the swede! Perhaps we should speak Swedish with each other but that would be impolite towards all our other friends here wishing to read all posts.
As a matter of fact the distance between us is just 80 kilometres: I live in Borås. I have been in Smålandsstenar several times buying cheap tyres (Alvén & Ingvarsson) and drinking coffe at a very nice place in the middle of the village (Göstas).

I am very satisfied with my car and perhaps it may turn out that this will be our only car (except the BMW classic) selling our Volvo due to it´s higher running costs, tax and insurance (diesel automatic). So far I look foward to thatchange even if it is very convenient to have access to two cars for different kind of travels.

Let´s keep in touch!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Allright!
Alvén and Ingvarsson is a wellknown place to buy tires and alloys. They have good prices!I know them pretty well. Göstas is a classic café in the roundabout in Smålandsstenar. A lot of people stay there for a while to have a cup of coffee.
I worked for about two years i Borås at Gatukontoret as an engineer. At that time I drove a Lupo 3L.
Borås is a very nice city by the way.

Let´s keep in touch! And have a nice day!

·
Registered
592 Posts
101 cars since 1969 (including the wife's cars and my classics & toys). Up! is 101st. I am 61 on Monday when I pick Up! the Up! - this one's the wife's though.

I to am a complete petrol head as well - looks like us oldy car freaks will never let our passion end.

1st car was a Ford Anglia van (with window conversion) - cost me £15. Current car is a Skoda Yeti Urban.

Just sold my classic "as new" Toyota MR2 Mk1. Wife has banned me now I am 60 from any more toys - says we need the money for our retirement! That went in one ear and out the other........now where was I, Oh yes, back to ebay's classic car section.

Edited by: Truth-seeker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts