Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen this on the Citygo forum -
AUTO.DE just reportedthat all Citigo/UP!/Mii produced January to March 2013 will get a recall:<br style="color: rgb40, 40, 40; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"><br style="color: rgb40, 40, 40; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">Google translate text:<br style="color: rgb40, 40, 40; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;"><br style="color: rgb40, 40, 40; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">
<strong ="bbc">Not onlyBMWhas problems with the airbags.[/b]<strong ="bbc">So now also has theVolkswagenAG noted that in some vehicles, the so-called "New Small Family" misconfigured airbag control units were installed.[/b]<strong ="bbc">Affected are 42,926 vehicles of the worldSeat Mii,Skoda CitigoandVW up!out of the production period from January to March 2013.[/b]
As a result of this programming error, the side impact sensors for side impact may not be reliably detected. This may mean that in the event of an accident may cause the side airbags and pretensioners delay or failure.

<em ="bbc"><strong ="bbc">The repair of the vehicle concerned only takes about 30 minutes and is free of charge for the customer.[/b][/i]

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Truth-seeker. Thanks for the info. I'll get a list of vag-com items ready for my dealer when they get mine in!

·
Registered
467 Posts
My Up! is one of the first one produced and yesterday I already checked if this applies to my car, but the answer is no. So it's not the usual case when first cars have so called "infantile diseases".

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
b82ry said:
My Up! is one of the first one produced and yesterday I already checked if this applies to my car, but the answer is no. So it's not the usual case when first cars have so called "infantile diseases".
Good point!

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine is slightly earlier than the ID's quoted in the recall. The numbers show that they are producing over 15000 a month if they apply to the Up! only.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You can check with VW wether your vehicle is involved in a recall.

Recalled ?

Airbag issues :
WVWZZZAAZDD084990 to WVWZZZAAZDD115417Edited by: _1S_

·
Registered
27 Posts
Was supposed to collect My high up! on Saturday but it was delayed until this Tuesday as it had been recalled for a software update on airbags and they would not release the car to me until it had been done. Glad I hadn't already picked it up as it saved me having to take it back,although I was miffed at the time as was all geared up to go get it. Was worth the wait as I love it!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mine is in for its 12 month service next week. I checked and it doesn't have any work / mods outstanding on it, so the recall hasn't affected the early ups

·
Registered
89 Posts
Got a letter today regarding airbag recall, so have to go to dealer Monday to book a time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,

I have just woken up this morning to find a letter from Volkswagen asking me to take my Up back into the garage so they can carry out a safety check on it in relation to the airbags. It states that airbag control units with incorrect software may have been fitted. I was wondering if anyone else has received one of these letters at all and if any of you had taken your Up back to the dealership yet?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my Up! In March 2013. Yesterday I received a recall letter from VW. Have already booked her in for Wednesday afternoon. Should be less than an hour. No big deal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got my letter on Saturday - I picked her up in April. Will book her in by phone tomorrow for when I can. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Took my car in for the recall work to be done yesterday. No problem with the work carried out but such poor customer service! Service department staff miserable and unwelcoming, told work would take an hour but took 2 hours 10 minutes, nobody told me how it was going, and the final straw was when I saw somebody get in my car behind the garage to bring it round to the front, but 10 minutes later it hadn't appeared and I had to find someone to ask where it was. Guess some mechanic was having fun doing handbrake turns somewhere! I know I'm being picky but why shouldn't I expect excellent customer service? Have a 3 year service plan so shall think carefully about which VW garage to use! Could write and give them feedback but not sure it is worth it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts