Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Had a cheeky test drive and instantly wanted one, car won't be here till December, but will be worth wait. Have picked an up! Black with usual toys, sensor pack, spare wheel and mats. Can't wait to get it now :D

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Don't forget the sound pack!

though they were running at about 12 weeks wait....dec seems a bit pessimistic

oh, and welcome...the forum has kept me sane during the wait so far but madness is worsening now I know mine is built!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Welcome fellow up black forumite.
I agree about the soundpack, order it while you can (if you like your music that is!)

I am sure you will find lots of little bits and pieces to buy whilst you are waiting

Hopefully your dealer is being pessimistic, mine was, quoted 12 weeks, got the car in 8

·
Registered
525 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure it will be sooner than that. They are meant to be speeding up production, not slowing it down! And do get the sound pack.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum. December eh? I think I would loose the will to live having to wait that length of time. Hopefully your VW dealer is being conservative in his estimation of a delivery date.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I heard the VW guys were going to up prioduction of right hand drive cars because of the unexpected amount of orders being experienced!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I hope that you recieve your new up before december, and I have to agree, I think the soundpack is the most popular pack to have, so if you dont have it, think most of us recommend you do order it!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for replies :) I did indeed tick the sound pack, thought it was worth having. Although December is a bit a way, it's giving me time to get rid of my cooper cabrio. I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be as much fun as my mini, but I was hooked after the first 5 minutes. Look forward to particpating with the forum, if anyone needs any tips on keeping their up gleaming clean give me a shout :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I also ordered the sound pack, and pretty much everything else too!

·
Registered
235 Posts
The wait does still seem to vary significantly and for a variety reasons, not least of which appears to be the quota the dealer has - mine told me they can only place 5 up! orders per month and will only receive a maximum of 50 up!s this year.
Hopefully, if they do increase production for the UK the quotas will be reviewed upwards as well.
However, having ordered a 5 door less than a month ago, expecting a minimum 12 week wait, it is due to be built this week and should arrive at the dealer mid-August, even though I'm not in a position to take delivery until October!!! Now that will be frustrating!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts