Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Ordered a candy white Move Up! Bluemotion today. No extras at all.

Basic run around for the household and cannot wait for it to arrive.

After driving Porsches for years, Volvo p1800 and loads of classics, I am stepping out of my daily driver Isuzu Trooper into the Up!

Bring on that fuel consumption! ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, it had to happen!!
Once we got home, started playing with the configurator, espcially the german one for the images - we think a change to the High up! might suit us (me!) better - those toys are just too tempting!

I have until Friday to finalise. Thinking...

High up! - Candy White with Pearl Black ash and Anthracite cloth.

Spare wheel & sound pack.

It's less than £20 a month more than the basic Move up! bluemotion.

The VW Germany website shows the two tone cloths and the cornslik under dash and door cards as very light, maybe too light to keep clean? Has anyone got any real pictures??

·
Registered
553 Posts
We had a dark blue N Beetle with a cream interior and it really isn't difficult to keep clean!

Unless you have either loads of kids or loads of dogs!

And it really does make a difference to the brightness of the interior.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
if youre worried about keeping it clean, especially the seats, you might want to think about the autoglym treatment if youre dealer offers it :)

very exciting that youve decided to upgrade your choice... the toys are just too tempting arent they!
i went for the sound pack and wheel extra too, altho i also went for the sunroof too

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually have an autoglym treatment pack at home which I was given a few years ago, I'll use that no matter what.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And yes, the toys are just so tempting!
Basically it's £40 a month between the Take up! and the above spec. Okay, it's a tank of fuel (and more) a month and it's this whole eco-minimal driving experience we decided to try.

Then, we started looking at the toys.

I love those toys!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
the autoglym thing isnt just the pack they give you with all the shampoos etc, they treat the upholstery the paintwork and windows and guarentee it too so there wont be any stains etc

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
and yes i was origionally going for the more basic up and thought no, ill go for the high up!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
willowaz said:
the autoglym thing isnt just the pack they give you with all the shampoos etc, they treat the upholstery the paintwork and windows and guarentee it too so there wont be any stains etc
I have family in the valet and bodyshop business - the actual pack that Autoglym supply to dealers (not available to the public) does not contain an awful lot. Warranty aspects aside.

With a little hard work, anyone can protect their car to a better specification.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ah i see what you mean now... thats brilliant, save yourself some money too by doing it yourself! hehe

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
haha! exactly.... i think im gonna be super fit when i get mine, wont want to stop cleaning it so it looks perfect :p

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Our car is at the garage awaiting delivery, we get the paperwork through and I again remind VW finance that my partner is still on her provisional, test booked for 9th June. Now they say the car cannot be released until she has a full licence. Nothing like added pressure now! Bit miffed as I would put it in my name but I want to buy a car soon and I have a few buy to lets, so its always a challenge.

Typical!!Edited by: 911sse

1 - 16 of 16 Posts