Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my Night Blue High Up! from Lookers VW in Battersea yesterday, collecting on Wednesday. Can't wait. I might take it on a jaunt to Wales for the weekend - hoping it can hold its own on the motorway.

Interested to hear how any other owners did on negotiation - my dealer told me 'there's not much margin' so had to haggle quite hard. I'm sure that's salesman BS though. Managed to get tire cover, 3 yr servicing and a full tank thrown in to the price - good deal?

·
Registered
811 Posts
That is a pretty good deal, there is a waiting list and nearly new models go for as much as new ones both of which show that dealers won't be generous with the discounts. I managed to get another £500 on my part exchange and free servicing. Probably works out about the same.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hello elpablo I have just got a High UP! and I am very pleased with it.

When you say "hoping it can hold its own on the motorway" I can tell you that you are in for a surprise....... no trouble at all, the little 1.0 litre engine is more than up to the job

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear - I opted for the 75PS version to give it a little extra oomph. I settled on this car as the reviews seem to confirm that it can be pokey enough when it needs to be.

Looking forward to picking it up!

·
Registered
811 Posts
You will certainly be pleasantly surprised with the performance on the motorway, it will cruise comfortably fast enough to get you into trouble.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I did a lot of haggling, and managed to get, £250 discount, free tinted windows, free GAP insurance, free Autoglym Life shine, free velour floor mats, half a tank of fuel, and a bit of a discount on my wind deflectors.
I also went for the 75 BHP BMT for a bit more power, and find it WAAAAY better than my previous 1.0 litre Yaris in every way. That was under powered by comparison.

Matt

·
Registered
583 Posts
elpablo said:
Good to hear - I opted for the 75PS version to give it a little extra oomph. I settled on this car as the reviews seem to confirm that it can be pokey enough when it needs to be.
The 75HP version will be OK on the motorway - though that's not the natural habitat for any up!

The up! is in high demand apparently, with up to a 3 months waiting list, and it's made to a budget - so there simply isn't that much haggling space.Edited by: _1S_

1 - 7 of 7 Posts