Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. Hello all!

I am probably getting my uppie next week. I also have a 4 weeks vacation at the end of july to early august. I originally planned on taking a plane to see one of my favourite football club's (Dover Athletic) pre season friendlies. Now that I will receive my new baby I thought it would be nice to drive all the way to UK to do so. My route will be from Finland with a ferry to Sweden, then to Denmark-Germany-Netherlands-France and finally through the Euro tunnel to UK.

If I decide to complete the trip it would be nice to see some other UP! enthusiasts on the way (and probably save some on the hostel costs)

THis is still totally on just a crazy idea level but if there is anyone that is living on my route feel free to check in. It might be we could at least have a pint on my way!

EDIT: I will try to get my unemplyed friend to accompany me on the trip since has nothing to do and it's nice to have somebody to talk to (and co-driver if you had too much to drink last night).

Edited by: Ackwell

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ackwell said:
I am probably getting my uppie next week. I also have a 4 weeks vacation at the end of july to early august.
I would avoid visiting the UK between July 27 and August 12 this year. Me, I'm thinking about going in September after the games.

·
294 Posts
That would be a nice road trip to do. Truth be I don't know how busy the ports or Euro Star will be during the games, either everyone will think it will be busy and not bother - leaving the place empty or it will be rammed!

I would have met up but I'm 'Up North' and also won't have my Up! by then. Hopefully there will be some members in the area for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts