Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow me and my partner are setting off to the far corner of England, Devon. My Partner has family down there and it's his aunties birthday so we're heading down to surprise her. It's a 550 mile journey o_O on our way home we're stopping off at the lake district for a wee camping trip too.

So it's going to be a fun adventure in our wee Up!, will be a big test on comfort and practibility so I'm looking forward to it :)

Expect LOTS of photos when I come back, and if your on my Facebook you'll probably be getting a running commentary of the entire journey :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sounds fun! So I won't go looking out for you until you get back then

Only done 35 miles so far!!!! Be adding more today though

·
Registered
956 Posts
Wow, that's a heck of a journey Craig, guess you'll really see how the up! performs in all areas. Looking forward to seeing all the pics

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Safe Journey Mate.......let us know how she performs.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I'll defiantly keep you posted! I've already had a wee trip in it visiting my mum who lives 200 miles away. It was an easy journey up, comfortable enough. I did find gaining MPG a bit annoying. I sat at 60-65 on a motor way all the way and I only received 58 - 60 MPG! Was expecting a little bit more.

Hopefully 550 miles will be a good enough run in for him :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Good luck! It will be a beauty, I'm sure of that. I will be putting my Up in a real endurance test in August when we are off to a 3000 mile drive all the way to Finland and back. I hope my a** won't get numb in the seat

·
Registered
956 Posts
ZillUp said:
Good luck! It will be a beauty, I'm sure of that. I will be putting my Up in a real endurance test in August when we are off to a 3000 mile drive all the way to Finland and back. I hope my a** won't get numb in the seat

That'll definitely put the car through its paces, it'd be great if you could post a full review of performance etc when you get back

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Have a safe journey and I hope the rain holds off for you

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Have fun! In 5 weeks time we will be doing Norfolk to Devon, but we will be taking the golf as need space for all my daughters stuff.. Will be the furthest I have ever driven, which makes your trip epic! Lol... Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
198 Posts
Good luck with the journey and please post comments about the journey and how your up! performs

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It may have taken 12 hours (few stops along the way) but we have arrived :) was a horrid journey all the way down, rained constantly! But the little Up soldiered on! Was not scared in all that busy traffic! Kept up all the way, even over took a couple of porches ;). Only gripe was bum and back are a little sore, but what do you expect for a 12 hour journey!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wow that's a good time. Weather warnings all the way across Wales and Cornwall but the little one already took it in her stride

Well done!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
that is pretty impressive, but i think in any car a 12hr journey would make you a bit sore!

have an amazing time in devon and on your camping trip too!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Craig200588 said:
It may have taken 12 hours (few stops along the way) but we have arrived :) was a horrid journey all the way down, rained constantly! But the little Up soldiered on! Was not scared in all that busy traffic! Kept up all the way, even over took a couple of porches ;). Only gripe was bum and back are a little sore, but what do you expect for a 12 hour journey!

No, no, no....must....not....make....jokes. Nope, can't stop myself, you overtook a couple of porches!!! Please tell me you mean Porsches cos here in Leeds, our porches don't move at all so overtaking them is no problem

Sorry Craig, just couldn't resist that one. Sounds like you had a bit of a rough journey there but your up! came out on top. Hope you have a great time and the bum and back recover for the return journey.

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Clowesa that was funny.

Glad you got there safely Craig

·
Registered
172 Posts
Glad you made it down safely in the horrid weather. I averaged 68mpg on the way down from Dundee to Paisley yesterday sitting at a steady 60mph. I'm sure mpg will improve as the miles get added. Enjoy your break!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
clowesa said:
Craig200588 said:

No, no, no....must....not....make....jokes. Nope, can't stop myself, you overtook a couple of porches!!! Please tell me you mean Porsches cos here in Leeds, our porches don't move at all so overtaking them is no problem

Sorry Craig, just couldn't resist that one. Sounds like you had a bit of a rough journey there but your up! came out on top. Hope you have a great time and the bum and back recover for the return journey.

HAHAHAHA my spelling is terrible. But you want to hear something funny, on the way down we passed this truck think that was carrying what looked like the side of a house .... sort of looked like a porch! SOO technically I was overtaking porches ;D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Craig200588 said:
clowesa said:
Craig200588 said:

HAHAHAHA my spelling is terrible. But you want to hear something funny, on the way down we passed this truck think that was carrying what looked like the side of a house .... sort of looked like a porch! SOO technically I was overtaking porches ;D

Would've been even funnier if you'd got stuck behind the truck cos you'd have had to tell everybody that you own an up! that COULDN'T overtake a porch

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've driven a few sheds in my time......and owned one, an Austin Maxi

1 - 20 of 20 Posts