Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been taking part in a market research program for Up! owners which focused on the Beats by Dr. Dre brand.

It seemed pretty clear that a series of options based on this range of sound systems was being considered and asked for view on pricing and the different options which may be available.

I have to say the the stuff being proposed was really wierd, but maybe that's just my age !

·
Registered
727 Posts
RDA said:
I have been taking part in a market research program for Up! owners which focused on the Beats by Dr. Dre brand.

It's illegal to operate a moving vehicle while wearing headsets.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I may be an old fart, but I cannot see why you would possibly want to wear headphones whilst driving. What's wrong with the speakers?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Allybasher said:
I may be an old fart, but I cannot see why you would possibly want to wear headphones whilst driving. What's wrong with the speakers? 
I may be wrong, but I assumed that the car speakers themselves would be branded as Beats by Dr Dre.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Sorry, I saw the brand name and jumped to a conclusion. That is definitely a brand that will only appeal to younger buyers. Bose or Fender sound attractive to me and I am not 100% sure who Dr Dre is.

Incidentally, I have spent 3 days this week driving a Vauxhall Ampera with a Bose sound system and while it was good it wasn't THAT much better than the Up one, it was more the quantity of sound than the quality...

Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
226 Posts
From experience, sound is one of those things that different people like (and hear!) differently. What sounds good to one person, another person hates.

I know there's a word to describe it... But I just can't remember it. Arghh!

·
Registered
587 Posts
With decent speakers the up! sound system is not bad via Media or CD. It is the radio that seems the real weak link and find the quality quite poor compared to the other two sources.

·
Registered
226 Posts
jezyg said:
With decent speakers the up! sound system is not bad via Media or CD. It is the radio that seems the real weak link and find the quality quite poor compared to the other two sources.
It seems to be a common problem. We have a Citroen and the radio is absolutely rubbish!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Dr Dre brand is, I'm afraid, a case of marketing being far better than the product. The headphones are v base heavy, and get tiring v quickly, other headphones at equal cost are much better.

I'd guess a Dr Dre car sound systemwouldn't be that special.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anything would be an improvement on standard, although I'd pay a but more not to have anything associated with the woeful 'Beats by Dr Dre' on my car.

Premium audio "branding" (for it is often just a case of badging, not engineering) on car audio systems has certainly grown since I was involved in the Linn system for Aston Martin and it's weird that you can now get premium options from most manufacturers, even if some are decidedly less than impressive (Rockford Fosgate in current Shoguns, I'm looking at you).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I know I'm an old fart, but my main purpose in having a car is to drive it and not to be entertained. The radio for me is background noise and therefore the standard system is quite adequate.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Personally, if I had a good speaker system I'd be more likely to be distracted by it while driving. If it was of a poorer quality I wouldn't want to listen as much and would have more attention while driving. Therefore I probably wouldn't get a branded system and probably won't go for the sound pack either. I think that makes sense... It does to me anyway!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts