Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a driving Instructor based in Howden East Yorkshire and ordered a Take Up two weeks ago. I hope He-Man have dual controls ready when it comes (They are relying on VW Uk to get them a car to develop them). I do 55,000 miles a year - hope the three cylinder engine can last two years!

·
294 Posts
Hi Buz,Welcome to the forums!

You'll have to keep us updated with being a high miler and getting a lot of learner abuse about how it performs.

What car are you switching from?

·
Registered
128 Posts
SPOOKEY !!

Was just reading the up owners forum when my dealer sent me an email confirming my build date ;)

My baby Red Up is on the runway for build 19th March... and for delivery early April :)

Yummy !!!

Here's a Concept I discovered online for the Up Buggy ....

Enjoy !!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hey Buzz :) welcome to the forum

My dads a driving instructor, he drives a crappy Corsa diesel, been trying to get him to move over to VW but he prefers the corset! :p

Stainless, I love the concept buggy, dout it will ever come true. My Up! is getting build the same time as yours, oddly though I've been told I wont see mine till the end of April/May or even June time :S hope it wont be as long as that :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi I've been running Fiat Grande Puntos for the last 6 years and they have been really good - 170,000 miles! Clutch at 100,000 miles mainly because they get heavy. Had epas unit go at 120,000 miles - all that dry steering! The Grande is looking dated now and I want a change. Think the Up has panache, will be a light easy drive and hopefully will be good for business. If you read the small print the Up has 3 year 60,000 mile warranty but 2 years unlimited miles warranty. My local dealer has been very helpful as many people will buy the car they learn in.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Craig

If they are both built mid March like mine.. it probably takes 2 days to build say.. Delivery on a lorry say 5 days.. So early to mid April should be good :)

Cannot imagine that it makes much sense to make it, then park it in a wet field for 2 or 3 weeks and deliver it in June. Hopefully VW are on the ball ( and I expect them to be ) and ours are placed on a car carrier straight off the line and whizzed across to us :)

Dave

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sat in the Take Up today. Loads of room in the front with plenty space round pedals. It has a rev counter which the spec said it did not have. Standard dash looks good and does not reflect in windscreen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts