Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on here a while and have yet to introduce myself, so here goes. I first cameacross the Up! when my girlfriend was looking for an inexpensive runabout and was really impressed by its large car feel and the surprising amount of pep in such a small engine. After a couple of test drives I decided to go for it and replace my BMW 118d M Sportwith a High Up. I've not looked back! I'm really surprised by the mileage and motorway manners. I've done just over 2500 miles in the past month and have found that I get around 62 MPG. I traveled from Glasgow to Dundee and back last week and got 69 MPG on the way there and a whopping 73 MPG on the way back (I must admit that I did draft a Megabus on the way back
). I expected to have to manage my expectations a great deal for long trips, but have found it a perfect travel companion with very little engine, road or wind noise whencruisingat 70. My girlfriend ordered her Up back in March and it arrives next week. It's a Move Up with BMT and Sunroof. I'm looking forward to seeing how it'smileagecompares though it'll be more difficult without Maps and More or the Sensor Pack... Also interested to see how the suspension compares as I went with the Sports Pack as the only Up I could find in stock with Cruise Control had the Sports Pack as well. I find the ride quality brilliant anyway.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
423 Posts
That's an impressive number of miles.....I'm onlyup to 500 in 13 days!! Like you, the car continues to surprise me, so easy (and fun) to drive.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thats excellent stuff and impressive milage too! i shall try and use a megabus or likewise to up my mpg in future :)

welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Welcome Tim

It's always good to hear such high mpgs

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Tim, welcome to the forum.

So, a possible dumb question. Is the M&M interchangeable between up!s? Just with you saying it'll be difficult to compare MPG with M&M or the sensor pack, I wasn't sure if the M&M could be used in more than one up!

·
Registered
44 Posts
welcome smiley, good to hear about the high mpg from the 75PS engine, I have a feeling my up will be behind many mega buses and lorry's due to my boyfriendsmajormpg addiction, he some how managed to get 56mpg (computer reading) from his mondeo zetec sdiesellast fill! were sharing the new up and his mondeo on a weekly basis so there will be some mpg wars to come

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great feedback! I'm also moving down from the BMW 1 Series and to be honest i'm bricking it in terms of the drop in class!! This really puts my mind to rest, is there anything you miss about the Beamer? And likewise what are you getting out of the up that Beamer couldn't do?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Snap! I currently run a BMW 118d M Sport and will be moving to an Up.

Perhaps we should set up a sub-group for ex-BMW 1-series owners!

I won't get the Up for a few months as I needed to wait for the 5 door version to be released, but when it does arrive it will have to earn it's crust - an 80 mile per day commute awaits it.

The BMW has been good and relatively cheap to run (£30 tax and 50MPG) but I won't miss the poor ride (on UK roads) and the £800 it costs me in tyres every year. There's also more leg room in the back, even though it only seats two.

Whilst looking to cut my costs a bit, I didn't plan to buy a so-called city car and although 2,000 miles in my daughter's Aygo have lead me to have a new-found respect for this class of car, a drive in a High Up was revelation. The refinement, ride and overall competence were gobsmacking both in comparison to the Aygo and the 1-Series.

I am really looking forward to getting the Up and to seeing the reaction of my work colleagues!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Another downsizer here...refinement in the up is on a par with my Merc C-Class (though the merc is quieter inside)...interestingly enough, the legroom is, if anything, a wee bit better in the up due to more upright seating positions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts