Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Thought that I would join up here (excuse the pun) as I have recently taken delivery of an up! white and am so thrilled with it that I just wanted to share the love with others of a like mind!

It's my first new car in nearly 12 years - my previous drive was a VW Polo (red) that I had from new, so I thought I deserved another one...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Elb and welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you love your up!, although not at all surprised based on the posts from others who already have theirs.

I'm collecting mine on Monday and am so excited, this weekend's really going to drag I think.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys!

I was lucky to get my up! as early as I did. I was told there was a 3-4 month waiting list, but the showroom manager allegedly called in a favour from a friend and they did some swapsies to get me the up! white. I don't care how they did it, but I'm so glad they did!

Bugbabe - the up! is so much perkier than my aged Polo, which was on its last legs anyway - hence the pressing urgency for a new car! The power steering takes a bit of getting used to, as it has more power the slower you go. I've oversteered a couple of times, trying to reverse into parking spaces!

Clowesa - the weekend will fly by!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm going from a 1.7diesel Lupo to the Up!

Reverse into parking spaces? I hope there were no cars either side! Lol. I will be parking In the empty section of any car park for a good while

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bugbabe34 said:
Reverse into parking spaces? I hope there were no cars either side! Lol. I will be parking In the empty section of any car park for a good while

I've been choosing where I park *very* carefully! I nearly had heart failure yesterday when parking in Tesco for the first time and a huge black Range Rover decided to squeeze into the teeny space next to me!

The up's doors are very big, and very heavy, so watch it if the wind catches them!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I find it incredibly easy to parallel park my Up i.e. reverse into a space between two cars. The large wing mirrors help, as does the very light steering and small turning circle. Oh, and the fact that it is shorter than a baby mouse helps too.

I find myself parking in places where I am less likely to get a door ding. My Ford Ka has some very bad dents. People must have swung their doors open very hard to create that sort of dent. I also had an 8" diameter dent in the wing. I think a van driver used my car as a step up to his van.

I agree about the doors, take take if the car is pointed downhill, I almost thought the driver's door would break when it swung open once. Eeek.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts